Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Attitude Gay Mag review / editorial of Hua Hin & Phuket

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Attitude Gay Mag review / editorial of Hua Hin & Phuket

Just in case anyone is vaguely interested ( Smiles !?) attached is a copy of a review / editorial of two Thai holiday areas ( Hau Hin and Phuket) that was published in ( ( think ) this months UK Attitude gay magazine, which if I've saved the attached Jpegs correctly should allow you to right click and save and then zoom in on them enough on your particular jpeg reader to enable you to enlarge the text to read same or if someone has a better way of loading them to save all that then feel free to save and repost just.

S/C - if you're uncomfortable that this is a breach of copyright or something then do of course feel free to delete this post immediately, but I figured as it's from a gay mag, a review written by a gay guy and I've posted it solely on a gay board they might understand ( and even be glad of the plug maybe perhaps) - either way, up to you, I won't be offended if you need to.

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Re: Attitude Gay Mag review / editorial of Hua Hin & Phuket

I don't have any issue with your post, I found it quite interesting. Hopefully Attitude Magazine will recognize that we are trying to promote their magazine by directing traffic their way with respect to their web site http://attitude.co.uk.

We've featured a few of their articles as of late.

Thanks NIrish!

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Attitude Gay Mag review / editorial of Hua Hin & Phuket

Thanks for the heads-up on that website Nirish. I had never heard of it.

I guess the only thing I would have to say regarding what it says about Hua Hin is that most of the restaurants mentioned in travelogue mags/articles are of the sort which are attached to the big tourist hotels here.
    There are many splayed along the beaches here, and one feature ~ a definite negative in my mind ~ of each is that, in theory, you really never, ever, need to leave the hotel for any reason, and the only Thai people you'll meet are those serving you.
    I'm not say most tourists go that route! I'm quite sure the majority get out and about in Hua Hin ... they'd be doing themselves a disservice if they didn't, and I believe most people understand that.

But, having lived here a long time now, and can I say for certain that the very best restaurants in town are often never reviewed by these glossies. And that is a shame, and a serious mistake in my view. On the other hand, the hunt for great eating off the beaten track in any tourist town takes a long (costly) time and a lot of hard slogging on the part of magazines and other media. So most often it just doesn't happen.

That's where the long-termers come into the picture ... they probably have the time and in some cases, the inclination.
    I have often thought to myself it might be fun putting together a list ~ and a post ~ of our favourite Hua Hin eating places, including addresses and photos of both venues and their Best Dish(s). All my, and Suphot's opinions of course: a quest such as this has a built-in high subjectivity/argumentative quotient attached, especially among other HH denizens.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand