Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Korea

Liked

Korea

I'm thinking about heading up to Seoul, just for a change. Has anyone been there recently? Looking around on the net, it appears to be a gay scene focussing on young guys - just like Japan. So I'd be interested in massage places.

Any info on their services would be appreciated.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Korea

Ohhh I looking forward to reading your trip report already on this one, I looked at Korea last year and would have liked to try it as Korean guys are hot, but the gay bar action appeared a little limited and centred in just the one area and the over riding reason I didn't go being honest was it appeared to be so bloody expensive for everything from hotels to "company" - so yeah, looking forward to reading how you get on here to see should I add it to my fuck it ....sorry bucket list or not ?

Liked

Well, I'll see what recommendations, if any, I get here first.

I was kind of hoping you'd head off there first and check it out for me...lol

Liked

I am going there myself Jan 6-10 and have tried to find out more about massage. I googled GAY MASSAGE SEOUL and did get some idea of the places, ratings and some sites have pics of the "therapists" but none of the sites list the cost. I agree that prices there seem on the expensive side and VERY limited English to boot ... I am awaiting an English query as to the prices. If I hear...I will post!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    ...I was kind of hoping you'd head off there first and check it out for me...lol
    Talk about putting the wolf in charge of the sheep!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Looking around on the net, it appears to be a gay scene focussing on young guys - just like Japan. So I'd be interested in massage places.
    Well it will be as Korea is a wealthy country. This would be the case in Thailand, too, if it weren't a very poor country. But Japan has a large scene for older guys that fancy each other, and so Korea should have one.
    I would like to visit Korea as well. It's enough to look on jackd to realize how gorgeous Koreans are. I suggest you guys check that out. If you not too old, there should be quite a few Koreans interested in you. There aren't many white foreigners there so Koreans are likely to be curious.
    But don't expect Thailand's acceptance. A friend of mine worked there as an English teacher and told me that it is probably the most homophobic developed country in the world (outside the Gulf countries). Very much don't ask, don't tell society with no out celebrities or gay rights protection. In fact, they criminalize gay sex in the military (straight sex is legal). I guess huge influence of the Catholic church must be a major factor behind it.
    But again, when I set my jackd radar on Seoul, Busan and Daeggu, I was positively surprised how many cute guys are out there.
    In London, I was dating a Korean student for a few months. Was he beautiful, that boy! Koreans seem to have more meat on their bones than other Asians. Must be something to do with their diet. Japs tend to be quite skinny, for example. This boy had an ass to die for. It could have been exhibited in a museum; I guarantee it would have drawn large crowds hehehe.
    Cost-wise it must be on a par with Japan, maybe a bit cheaper. You can do your price comparison on numbeo.com

Liked

I had a few days in Seoul last year , it was very expensive. If you wanna meet boys use GR og JackD . Some of them speak good english .

Liked

This was posted today with the heading Hooking up with Grindr in Asia

In Korea it was different. The men there seemed more cautious and less forward. Face pics were rare and the other Grindr pics even more so. No one asked where I was staying тАУ they spent time chatting and asking about my travels. The conversation was less direct and by the time I agreed to meet a guy I had at least spoken with him online for a few days. Though this was partly because it took me a few days to cycle to the city where he lived.

It was in Korea that I experienced my first fake. I guess I was lucky, because the guy I met was much hotter than his pic. He told me that fake pics are common on Grindr in Korea due to the taboo surrounding homosexuality. But I donтАЩt know whether that was true or just his way of justifying his actions. It didnтАЩt matter because he was a nice guy and I was just meeting to have some company while traveling in a foreign land.

As I travel the world, I am finding that Grindr is flourishing even in regional Australia, Islam-dominated Indonesia and conservative Korea. Always men are looking to meet up for sex and English has been the dominant language тАУ even if with the help of Google Translate.

the full article

http://gaynewsnetwork.com.au/viewpoint/ ... 16007.html
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves