Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PT Taxis

Liked

Re: PT Taxis

Scottishguy wrote:
    ......then he rides the taxi driver like a pony on the back seat of the car, calls him a whore, and throws 500B on the front seat as he gets out
    And don't forget, he also at some stage of the journey makes them get down on all fours and uses them as a chair....lol

But as Latin says,

..anyway we r venturing into "been there, done that" territory
    Lego, I think anonymous people on an anonymous internet site probably are exempt from Thailand's defamation laws. At least they're probably not going to be caught. Anyway, arsenal is just relating his experience with the company. Nothing defamatory,is there?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

has he got proof the female in front was (a) the girlfriend and (b) was high??? Definitely defamatory material.

Liked

Of course we are already aware of Latin's peccadildoes but if we can't drag them up over and over again - what's the point of being gay?

Liked

Toom's taxi service is reliable and responses on emails are fast. Have used his service for many trips between Pattaya and BKK airport and Bangkok city vv Pattaya.
    Will not use anyone else's.
    Contact toom39@msn.com

Liked

Lego, Latin; I've been coming to Thailand long enough to know drugged up when I see it.

However. Apart from the two taxi journeys everything else about my trip was absolutely fantastic. A total abundance of my type of boys (straight, athletic, pretty and charming) and more arriving every day, many of whom were offs from previous trips. A real thrill when they come up and ask if you remember them. A more comprehensive report on the gogo bars when I get my strength back.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    ...whisk my luggage off the conveyor bely...
    That's what servants are for, surely?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Lego, I think anonymous people on an anonymous internet site probably are exempt from Thailand's defamation laws. At least they're probably not going to be caught. Anyway, arsenal is just relating his experience with the company. Nothing defamatory,is there?
    I agree that it's unlikely to get caught, given the circumstances. First the "victim" would need to be aware of the defamation, then take it further, then establish the identity of the poster... pretty unlikely indeed! I don't agree that there's nothing defamatory in the OP, however, not as long as we're talking about Thailand's very peculiar defamation laws. You cannot name and shame a company in that way and you also cannot go public saying that a certain person is a druggie (even if it were true), for example.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

If going to Bangkok I use the taxi que. If going to Pattaya, I pre-book with a trusted service. After spending 30 hours flying the least problem I want is going to Pattaya. My driver is always waiting with a sign with my name on it, takes my luggage, will make rest stops at my request and bring me to my doorstep. Well worth the price.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    . If going to Pattaya, I pre-book with a trusted service. After spending 30 hours flying the least problem I want is going to Pattaya. My driver is always waiting with a sign with my name on it, takes my luggage, will make rest stops at my request and bring me to my doorstep. Well worth the price.
    Agreed
    Nothing worse than getting into a banger meter taxi that you are paying 1600B for only to find:
    -Fake "Leather"/Plastic seats
    -No Safety Belts
    -Hundreds of lucky amulets blocking the windscreen...

And then a driver that needs doses of "birdy" to make his way all the way to pattaya

Even worse is when the meter taxi drings you 5-10 miles outside Bkk and swaps you waith another driver - as he is not bothered with the journey
    He then asks you to prepay him - so he can pay your new driver (less his large cut of course!)

For me i will always stick to a private taxi firm where possible...
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    scottyboy....been ages since I proposituoned a taxo driver...they tend to be a bit past the "use by age", now the tuk tuk drivers outside silom soi 2 after midnight ...thats something else.
    I have seen one cute taxi driver in all my time in Bangkok, but tuk-tuk drivers in front of Soi 2 and both ends of Thaniya and Patpong, always some cuties.

Regular buses and vans have stops for petrol as well. For a ride from Buriram to Bangkok I can understand this, but not between Bangkok and Pattaya. Poor planing and waste of the passengers time.

It seems most cars in Thailand run on LPG/CNG (liquefied petroleum gas/compressed natural gas), so I assume the engines are suitable for LPG/CNG and the technology probably comes from western countries.