Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My First Trip Report

Liked

Re: My First Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Thanks for the report - glad to know I'm not the only one who sticks with one guy for the duration. Look forward to reading more
    As long as it takes but you and the OP will learn that sticking to one guy is A VERY BAD IDEA.

I know many "one guy" farangs and most of them are virtual slaves to USELESS SELFISH GREEDY THANKLESS EVER -FATTENING NEVER-ENDING PROPS FOR AN A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF ISSARN FAMILY GREED.

Get real- and get out and play the field- amazingly you will be much better thanked with much more and less expensive fun GUARANTEED.

Liked

I've been going to Thailand for close on 15 years so I think I know what works for me. I've spent holidays where I only went with guys for a night or two, and other times, spent longer with them. I know which I prefer. Before my last trip, I agreed with the guy (who I met on Gay Romeo) that I would pay him an amount at the end of my holiday, roughly equivalent to the going rate for short time in Pattaya. He was happy with that. As it happened, I had a problem with my card on the last day, so he didn't get his money until after I'd returned to Ireland. I'll be spending my next holiday in June with him, with the same arrangement.

It works for me. It might not work for everyone. So thaiguest, I find your post just a little patronising. Neither I or the OP suggested it was better or worse to go for the "boyfriend" experience - only that we liked it. What you do is up to you.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    Thanks for the report - glad to know I'm not the only one who sticks with one guy for the duration. Look forward to reading more
    As long as it takes but you and the OP will learn that sticking to one guy is A VERY BAD IDEA.

I know many "one guy" farangs and most of them are virtual slaves to USELESS SELFISH GREEDY THANKLESS EVER -FATTENING NEVER-ENDING PROPS FOR AN A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF ISSARN FAMILY GREED.

Get real- and get out and play the field- amazingly you will be much better thanked with much more and less expensive fun GUARANTEED.
    thaiguest, you are the most positive guy I have ever met on this forum....or not

Liked

thaiguest, you are the most positive guy I have ever met on this forum.

Liked

So which is it, gaymandenmark?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Whilst I can understand the questions raised on the logic of sticking with one guy I do fully agree with Joe....

I have been to Thailand many times, yes it is great fun to explore the bars and have a different guy a night, as I did to some extent in Bangkok which I will elaborate on when I get the chance, however on this last trip I explored several bars on my first night, just in case I should suddenly find my vision of perfection, then I wondered to where I knew this friend worked, who I had spent a fair bit of time with on my visit earlier this year, he appeared delighted to see me, we got talking, his English had significantly improved since last time, had quite a few beers and as per my post spent the bulk of the rest of my time in Pattaya with him!

I think most of us understand at the end of the day it is a "commercial relationship" and should not loose site of that, but in this case, we agreed a fair but not excessive tip per day - which was never requested and I handed all the money over as I depredated on my last morning (on the strict agreement he used some of it to buy himself a motorbike helmet!) and I paid the bar off fee a few days at a time as we went along and had a drink at his bar. I like to have some company some of the time during the day, but still giving each other space, I don't want to eat alone every night and this way works well for me. To a great extent we would agree what we are doing during the day and on an evening, I would try not to control or dictate so all on a more fair basis, to the extent that we might agree to my suggestion of a few games of pool and watching the boxing at the Beer Garden and I would then agree OK then we go to Hollywood the following night (and he brings a friend) we all had a great evening. I love food, but again we would agree where to eat each evening depending what we were doing and I would make sure my friend was able to select on a fair number of nights - after one visit to Seazone, especially with the traditional flamb├йed sweets - that became his firm favourite! Whilst, yes it is all commercial I think treating the boy like an equal partner if your getting on well can work with the right guy, so effectively he is also having a bit of a holiday - but never forgetting the set up.

I would certainly next time advise him when I am coming, but if it wasn't working for me, my holiday time is too valuable so I would move on, but on this last holiday it was working, but I still kept my last few days in Bangkok to myself so I could explore a little more without him.

I guess each to his own......!

Liked

Spoken like a dude who has no concept of the phrase 'massive over-generalising'.
    Along with that ... a seriously bitter man who, taken for a ride once - perhaps often - and then lost everything, feels it to be his sworn crusade to enlighten everyone in the subset world of Thai-enjoyers that not a single Thai man can be trusted with anything, nor taken at face value, nor entrusted with decent feelings, nor capable of caring about any person on the face of the earth in every given situation.

Naturally ... Thaiguest writes utter bullshit, and it as well as he, are well-worth ignoring.

And thanks Paul for writing your story.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I totally disagree with Thaiguest. Paulfort's way of doing things almost perfectly reflects my own.

I love having one guy every day/ night while I'm in Pattaya, and have done do for a number of years; it just makes things so easy and besides, we get to know each other and are comfortable spending time together, even though we both are aware that it is a commercial arrangement. Saves lots if time looking for guys, too. The hard part is finding an ideal guy in the first place. But once I find him, he's with me all the time.

No more worries about if the guy will perform - you are guaranteed a great time in bed.

Liked

I had one single occasion where a boy stayed several days with me, that was about 3 years ago. I managed to find activities that kept both of us happy.

But now it would be difficult to find someone who enjoys the same activities as I do, or to find activities that both of us enjoy over several days, so I leave it a short time or over night (but then the problems start already in the morning: I wake up around 10 (often with a morning erection that I would like to have taken care of), my friends sleep hours longer, ever though we went to bed at the same time).

And on the occasions I have a friend with me during daytime activities, it usually doesn't make the activities more enjoyable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    But now it would be difficult to find someone who enjoys the same activities as I do, or to find activities that both of us enjoy over several days
    I prefer a mix of both styles

I have had a BF for the last 12 years (actually its our 12th Anniversary of meeting tomorrow)

We like to hang around together 24/7 for 2-3 days on end, Sometimes we off a boy for fun together and others we will go out with friends or alone...
    We then have a quick break the odd evening...
    -Sometimes one of us offs a boy alone - or picks them up online and we join up again later in NAB, Hollywood etc
    -He will go to a live music with friends and i will go for a quick bar cruise and join up with them later in NAB, Hollywood etc
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!