Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Vietnam info please

Liked: 1

Vietnam info please

I will stay in Vietnam in a few months and visit Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
    Where can I find information about both cities?
    Is it difficult to get in touch with Vietnamese guys?
    I read about some sauna's in both cities, but maybe there are more places of interest?

Thanks

Liked

Re: VIETNAM INFO PLEASE

Have not visited Hanoi, but have visited HCMC (plus Na Trang and Da Lat).

Be prepared for it to be potentially very VERY hot in HCMC - 5 minute stroll from my A&EM Royal Palace Hotel (recommended) to Ben Thann market left me completely drenched in perspiration.

Only found one gay bar - "Godmother" in the City Centre. They have accomodation rooms above, if you fancy that. The crowd was entirely Vietnamese, no non-asian at all - so you might well be lucky if some Vietnamese boy is curious to try something new! I've never had a massage, so I don't notice such places and therefore cannot comment on their availability or lack of it.

Prostitution is very much looked down on, so is not as readily available as a regular Thailand visitor might expect - and I think you might have some difficulty with bringing "visitors" back to your hotel. In the end I had no difficulty sharing a room with my my bf as he was registered with me, but (over 4 different hotels) I certainly did not see any sign whatsoever of older guys bringing younger ones back (and I do tend to notice that sort of thing!)

Thailand it ain't, but a lovely city (quite European in some ways) ,lovely country, and nice people.

I wrote a fuller trip report on Vietnam around June/July of this year, if you want to seek it out. Anything else, send a PM.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bert1600
    Is it difficult to get in touch with Vietnamese guys?
    Very easy, at least in HCMC. I just returned from there yesterday, Grindr is very popular and gets you in touch with many hot guys. More than I could handle in a short time, actually.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

I think these travel guides are quite completed, by the way, Vietnamese people are now open mind, there are some groups for gay online, you can search them on facebook.
    Here are the travel guides for Hanoi & HCM City:
    Hanoi Guide: https://www.bestpricevn.com/travelgu.../Hanoi-30.html
    Hochiminh City Guide: https://www.bestpricevn.com/travelgu...h-City-14.html
    Good luck!