Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best bars/clubs in Chiang Mai for boyish/twinkish

Liked

Best bars/clubs in Chiang Mai for boyish/twinkish

So, what are the best bars and clubs for offing boyish or twinkish guys in Chiang Mai?
    I haven't ventured up there in about 4 years so have no idea what places would good for my particular tastes. The websites do not specify types usually but you guys may know.
    Thanks so much!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Best bars/clubs in Chiang Mai for boyish/twinkish

Limp wrists have always been difficult to find in Chiang Mai most of the guys working in the Bars are not even Thai but hill tribe people Aca and Shan many are incredibly handsome and in stature tend to be larger than Thais.
    When last there there were two late night dace clubs similar to Nab they are G-Star and Semen Club catering to the young gay local crowd.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

An old, poor, alcoholic loser would have no luck trying to off someone at G-star or Seeman Pub. Not that those clubs were even open yet on someone's last, not recent visit to Chiang Mai.

The OP asked where best to find young twinks. I suggest FreeGuy Club, and then Adam's Apple (please use necessary caution on underage workers!).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Limp wrists have always been difficult to find in Chiang Mai most of the guys working in the Bars are not even Thai but hill tribe people Aca and Shan many are incredibly handsome and in stature tend to be larger than Thais.
    When last there there were two late night dace clubs similar to Nab they are G-Star and Semen Club catering to the young gay local crowd.
    Thanks MFAS, I understand. I thought they were harder to find there. Isn't Adams Apple a good choice anymore?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5
    Thanks MFAS, I understand. I thought they were harder to find there. Isn't Adams Apple a good choice anymore?

Adams Apple years ago was in my opinion the best go go in Thailand, but not anymore. You will be hard pressed to find a gay boy working in any of the go go bars thus my recommendation for the the after hour dance clubs.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bitchlover
    An old, poor, alcoholic loser would have no luck trying to off someone at G-star or Seeman Pub. Not that those clubs were even open yet on someone's last, not recent visit to Chiang Mai.

The OP asked where best to find young twinks. I suggest FreeGuy Club, and then Adam's Apple (please use necessary caution on underage workers!).
    I usually at nightclubs like the ones mentioned will, if I find someone I'm interested in and they me, just slip them my name and number already printed and in my wallet. Then they don't have to be embarrassed due to the friends they are with. I get calls/sms back about a third of the time. It's a real crap shoot since it is so dark and you can't talk to them to get much info....but fun anyway. I'm not really old, poor and not an alcoholic or loser but still I wouldn't try a very forward approach in a nightclub.

Thanks for the suggestion of FreeGuy and I was going to try Adams Apple anyway...and yes I'll check ID. If MFAS is correct I will not be lucky at Adams Apple if they are straight....never do straight boys. However, sometime I'm sure I must have done some in the past if they are a good actor you can't always be sure....just hope I don't figure it out or they tell me they are married at the wrong time because I would not be able to finish,

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5
    I will not be lucky at Adams Apple if they are straight....never do straight boys.
    On a recent trip to CM the only boy at any gogo bar that I was told was gay was at Adam's Apple... and he looked totally miserable, weighed down no doubt by the uniqueness of his status. I've never really understood why straight boys predominate overwhelmingly in these CM bars. One sees a lot of Thai queens among the customers, and they seem happy enough with the situation, but you'd think it made normal business good sense to cater to a wider range than that.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PeterUK
    I've never really understood why straight boys predominate overwhelmingly in these CM bars.
    Perhaps I can help you there. Most of the guys in Adam's Apple, Free Guy and New My Way are Shan and not Shan from Thailand but from Myanmar. The border is extremely porous and there are multiple crossing points between Mae Hong Son and Mae Sai, so these guys often arrive in Thailand without papers. Getting papers is much easier now than in the past but the alternative for these people is to work in a restaurant or in construction. In the restaurant business the pay is poor and the hours long, so it's difficult to send money back to family in Shan. When they realise the difficulty they may try the bars but are definitely 'gay for pay' and will not perform some of the services that their customers request. Respect for family in general, and parents in particular, is very strong in the Shan community and they will do whatever it takes to send money home.

On one visit to Adam's Apple there was but a single Thai among the boys, the rest were Shan. Through my partner I know many of these guys, socially not professionally , and they are often guests at our home. They are human beings who, through an accident of birth and because of Snr Generals Ne Win and Than Shwe, have had a very difficult life to say the least. Some have fled to escape the attentions of the Tatmadawgyi others for economic reasons related to the treatement of the hilltribes by the (dominant) Burmese through the army. Murder rape and pillage are instruments of Government policy in Shan, Kachin, Chin, Karen and the other hilltribe areas.

Mai Soong Kha

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston
    I've never really understood why straight boys predominate overwhelmingly in these CM bars.
    Perhaps I can help you there. Most of the guys in Adam's Apple, Free Guy and New My Way are Shan and not Shan from Thailand but from Myanmar. The border is extremely porous and there are multiple crossing points between Mae Hong Son and Mae Sai, so these guys often arrive in Thailand without papers. Getting papers is much easier now than in the past but the alternative for these people is to work in a restaurant or in construction. In the restaurant business the pay is poor and the hours long, so it's difficult to send money back to family in Shan. When they realise the difficulty they may try the bars but are definitely 'gay for pay' and will not perform some of the services that their customers request. Respect for family in general, and parents in particular, is very strong in the Shan community and they will do whatever it takes to send money home.

On one visit to Adam's Apple there was but a single Thai among the boys, the rest were Shan. Through my partner I know many of these guys, socially not professionally , and they are often guests at our home. They are human beings who, through an accident of birth and because of Snr Generals Ne Win and Than Shwe, have had a very difficult life to say the least. Some have fled to escape the attentions of the Tatmadawgyi others for economic reasons related to the treatement of the hilltribes by the (dominant) Burmese through the army. Murder rape and pillage are instruments of Government policy in Shan, Kachin, Chin, Karen and the other hilltribe areas.

Mai Soong Kha
    Unfortunately the said Mssrs Ne Win, Than Shwe and all the Burman generals will get away with murder because they saw the writing on the wall, changed outwardly from being promotors of forced labour, rape and genocide to being promotors of democracy and are now the darlings of the west.
    War criminals of the worst type-they make some African despots look like errant boyscouts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston

Mai Soong Kha
    Unfortunately the said Mssrs Ne Win, Than Shwe and all the Burman generals will get away with murder because they saw the writing on the wall, changed outwardly from being promotors of forced labour, rape and genocide to being promotors of democracy and are now the darlings of the west.
    War criminals of the worst type-they make some African despots look like errant boyscouts.
    You are both correct, and also in Myanmar nationalistic and fasciste buddhists are surpressing and killing muslims.
    And where is "our" heroine The Lady?, silent as a dead Lady.