So, using kommentariatтАЩs handy little tool, we can see that the journey from Buriram to Chong Chom is 121km and might take 2.5hrs by road. And the journey from OтАЩSmach to Siem Riap is 161km and takes about 3hrs. Not including for time messing about at immigration at the border, thatтАЩs a conservative 5.5hrs driving.

Both the Buriram Expats and Buriram Info reckon itтАЩs only 1.5 hrs to the Cambodian border, so the total trip might be less than 5hrs.

I only responded to this thread since Dodger stated Cambodia was тАШnot anywhere closeтАЩ and yet he can drive back to his beloved тАШPTYтАЩ in only 5hrs. I felt that needed challenging. (WeтАЩll forget the suggestion of flying from Buriram AirportтАж)

Using kommentariatтАЩs handy little tool again, it predicts the journey from Buriram to Pattaya is 410km and should take nearly 8hrs. Even as the crow flies, it is 330km, which would mean travelling at an average speed of 66km/h. So 5hrs driving seems a little optimistic.

I havenтАЩt made the journey from Thailand to Cambodia via this crossing myself, so I hope that andrewcraig does make it and reports back here with his experiences.