Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Cock

Liked

Golden Cock

I heard they had made a number of changes and that they now actually have guys there!
    Anyone been to check it out lately?
    I'll be in Bangkok mid September and would like to drop in, but only if it's worth it.

Liked

Re: Golden Cock

They seem to have 6 or so regular staff now. Maybe even 8.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Visited about a year ago - there were about same number of guys. Always fun to be had there - even if one does not off a guy - they are always trying to make patrons enjoy the visit.
    Will be my first port of call in BKK this November.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So funny how we all have differing view of the same places as over the years I've gone to Golden Cock many times ( usually to have nothing more than a friendly drink with a thai friend who used to work there) but apart from chatting with him I always found it probably THE most boring ( and filthy - and not in a good way) gay bar in Bangkok, Like A447 I read with interest that it had been done up and given a new lease of life a while back so intentionally called in when last passing at the start of August only to see absolutely NO difference and wondered was I dreaming about having read about a make over, but I really wish they WOULD do something good with it as it is as we all know just about the only gay bar open in the afternoons in Bangkok and I can't believe that some owner can't do SOMETHING to capture whatever custom is about and open somewhere for a bit of craic in the afternoon ( and I don't even mean sexual there, just a bit of fun and enjoyment even).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by LoveThailand
    Visited about a year ago - there were about same number of guys. Always fun to be had there - even if one does not off a guy - they are always trying to make patrons enjoy the visit.
    Will be my first port of call in BKK this November.
    Further to what NIrish Guy wrote human perception never fails to amaze me especially when it focuses on a small grimey bar called Golden Cock on a soi off a soi off Suriwongse Rd in Bangkok. I have NEVER met "my type" there. The entire stable, large or small, decends on the customer at his table without invitation. I have been overcharged Many Times esp when one partcular mamasan is on. I have never felt more welcome than the contents of my wallet there that's if bahts have feelings.
    However if things have changed I'll give the place one more try.

Liked

If the Golden Cock changed too much, it would not be the golden cock. It would be just like every other bar you can go to. If the place was larger and had more customers, the guys would be stretched thin and may grow more shy and conservative and the fun you have there now may be a thing of the past.

Accept it for what it is and when you want something a little different, just go to the bar that fits your needs.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I remember it was about 1999 and my first ever visit to the Golden Cock - and first day ever day in Thailand.

3 farangs walked in together and sat on chairs at the bar.

Within 10 minutes, 2 of them had their pants round their ankles, with each being sucked off in full view, by some of the staff.

All 3 chatted quite nonchalantly to each other as this went on - it was all quite surreal.

It was absolutely fucking depraved, gross, and disgusting - and I never did it again.

Liked

Never been overcharged there. No boy joined me at the table unless invited.
    While some fondling and groping was going on - nothing one would not be likely to see in any of the Soi Twilight bars.
    Pushy mamasans and/or boys? Learned to deal with them long ago. Try Screw Boys for practice
    Dirtier than some - probably.
    Anyway, I recommend those who have not been to the place to give it a shot - it is rather different from go-go bars in Twilight and will add to your BKK experience.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I remember it was about 1999 and my first ever visit to the Golden Cock - and first day ever day in Thailand.

.... and I never did it again.
    When was your last visit to Thailand?

Liked

Scottish - I see your stalker is back
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.