Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Philippines reports?

Liked

Re: Philippines reports?

I lived there five years, I had one of the best times in my life, Gay bars and boys many. Short ones tall ones, Big cocks and small. Boyfriends, lovers or what ever you like you can find there anytime you like.
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just a quick one - a friend who's going to Manilla for 3 days over Christmas has asked me for a recommendation for a hotel close to the gay bars, I see on the board there are a few very old recommendations but can anyone perhaps fire up one of two current hotel names that I can send him perhaps, no big special requests from him, just as long as they're close to the gay bars ( O Bar etc) and are of the usual international travel chain standard will be fine I'm guessing, although if local and "ok" too then I'm sure that would be fine as well. Thanks in anticipation.

Liked

Obar has changed, it split and the majority of the people went with a much larger, and better served place in a Subdivision in a better part of Manila, The Old Obar is still fun and the Bar next to it has multiplied with the division so it is still very much fun. Since I had a place to live there I only know Business Hotels not Gay friendly ones. However, the nice one between Obar and the Big Mall comes to mind as the place I stayed during one of the many floods there. I am sure they did not care for the boys staying there but visiting for a few hours was fine as long as they did not need to provided extra linen, I think, Of course, if you rented a room for two there would be no questions asked.If you find the Old Obar you can ask about the new one which is likely flourishing by now. The new one caters to the middle class and wealthy. That means none of the boys will jump at you for what they may think is auto-money. However, they like white guys primarily because of the larger portions of penis we provide compared to most of them. If I were you I would stay in the area of the Old Obar since there is a Gay community to support your needs no questions asked. The other part of town mentioned is not as gay friendly and you will need to be more careful since by enlarge the management is straight. I would put much stock in the deal at Cebu, there is one bar in a nearby place just over the bridge called Numero uno. Take my word the beer is stronger and you need to be careful how you drink it as compared to the usual you find there. Also, consider the guys there mostly like sex and there is a Gay Hotel within walking distance where you can trick all day and play all night if you like. It reminds me of what use to be the Club Dallas Baths.So, you have many options and most of them are really up to what turns you on. Howsoever, be careful since there are straight bars in the same complex of buildings and you can get in trouble without a guide if you wander out of Numero UNo. However if you like to take chances with so called straight guys you can go, but I would take a newly found Pinoy man with you.
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Palawan Pronounces Pallawon is, also a nice place if you need to get away, I mean really get away. Its not so gay friendly and supports a bi-bar in the center of the small Village there. It is an open air bar and you hook up mainly by the right looks, (Gaydar) You know we all have it until we go to Thailand then we loose if for a while because we pay for what we like there. Its fun to get back to the basics. I found a nice guy there that stayed with me the duration of my time there although I was with other guys. He continued to text me afterwards for as long as I kept the same phone number. all this is just a thought. Boracay (pronounced Borachii) it is not so nearly gay as it is a great white sand beach with great looking guys but no place to really let down your long gay hair unless you just don't care. But it may turn off some bi guys you may want to play with later. Either way, you can try these places. I would stay away from Mindanao (pronounced Mindanow. It has an Islamic group there which do take Americans for Hostage for money. They finally let a Missionary couple go after holding them for 3 years and never getting any money if any questions just private me.
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

While searching for some information on the Philippines, IтАЩd forgotten this topic and the fact that I had posted on it. Hmmm . . . IтАЩm seriously concerned about my memory issues, but thatтАЩs another story.

In my earlier post, I said on 11 September 2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    As IтАЩve no plans at present to visit the Philippines IтАЩve been honest and told them that. But despite this, some have still continued to contact me from time to time and tried to persuade me to change my mind.

Now I donтАЩt answer any new requests from lads in the Philippines as I canтАЩt see me going there any day soon. And I wouldnтАЩt want to mislead them or waste their time
    And thatтАЩs, more or less, what IтАЩve continued to do since I made that comment. But that all changed about 2 weeks ago, when the most stunning Filipino boy contacted me. I couldnтАЩt help myself from replying and said a cursory тАШhelloтАЩ, but never really expected to hear anything further. Then last week, the boy got back in touch with me and, for the last 8 days, weтАЩve been chatting morning, noon and night. In all the many years IтАЩve been coming to Thailand IтАЩve never had such extensive chats with Thai boys. Two reasons I suppose, their English wasnтАЩt good enough and my Thai language skills are even worse.

Currently, I have, what I would consider a special boy in Pattaya, but the majority of his exchanges are by sticker on the Line app, despite the fact that weтАЩre thinking about establishing a relationship and weтАЩve spent 5 days together here in Bangkok and in Khon Kaen visiting his family. Now, IтАЩm having second thoughts.

IтАЩm considering visiting the Filipino boy sometime in March, before I return to the UK in April. His village is near General Santos City (GSC) and I thought the nearest airport is in Davao, but see it is possible to fly to GSC from Bangkok. Has anyone been to either of those cities and can recommend some inexpensive hotels or tips for places of interest to visit?

As GWMinUS said above, I believe my guy is, тАЬlooking for a Westerner to take [him] out of the poverty of the Philippines.тАЭ IтАЩm not entirely sure what I can do. IтАЩve no idea how easy or hard it is for a Filipino to live and work in Thailand. Again, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this?

He has sent me a considerable number of photos of his village and family home, which looks uncannily like the village of a former boyfriend from Chaiyaphum. He tells me his family all know he is gay; they are aware of me and my intention to visit and are all said to be very supportive.

The benefit of being able to chat freely in English is a major plus. And IтАЩve found his expressions of affection greater than any from my former Thai boyfriends. But even after this short time, I get the impression he could be very possessive and if I inadvertently say the wrong word, he seems quick to take offence. IтАЩve explained to him that IтАЩm returning to the UK in April and because of the need for further reconstructive surgery, I wonтАЩt be back in Thailand until November at the earliest. So, it could be November or December before we meet again and maybe he should therefore look for someone else. Despite this, he still seems keen to see me and establish some sort of relationship. It is of course possible that our planned 7 days together wonтАЩt work out and thatтАЩs the last we see of each other. On the other hand, things could work out perfectly. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

I have it on good authority that Filipino guys like a "daddy" to dominate them and xxxk them. Also they are very possessive and won't easily let you go once in their tender clutches.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jelly,
    Filipinos can visit Thailand for 30 days without applying for visa beforehand. It is quite difficult for them to obtain employment legally in Thailand. Personally, I would want to meet a boy in the Philippines before inviting him to Thailand.

Based on my own experience, there are two dangerous illusions when considering a relationship with a pinoy: linguistic and cultural. You say you've "found his expressions of affection greater than any from my former Thai boyfriends". Yes, they are more romantic compared to Thais and they can verbalize their feelings much better than Thais. And listening to them speak, one is struck by their nearly accentless command of American English, tempting one to think that their world views and cultural traits are very similar to those of native speakers of English. And most of them are Christian, just like us!

A Philippine Airlines cabin attendant once informed me that pinoys are "brown Americans". But that is very far from the truth.

Most pinoys you meet on the internet are, in essence, the same as other very poor Asians who hope desperately that a foreigner will appear and take them and their families out of their misery. The one in Cebu who expected to use me for that purpose was 16 yrs old, about to start university studies. How clever, I thought. Only 16 and he's ready for uni. Then I learned that Philippine elementary schools are 2 years shy of the usual 8 years in the US, so of course the students are only 16 when they graduate from high school. This typifies the numerous illusions that induce foreigners to think that social and educational structures in the Philippines are quite like our own.

But there are positive reports from more than one board member. So, if you and he are satisfied with that type of LTR/LDR, and if his financial expectations are what you consider reasonable, do give it a try. Choke dee, na.

Liked

Thanks very much for your detailed reply Bob.

My plan, well some jumbled thoughts really, were to visit the young man in March for a short 7 day stay and see the lay of the land. IтАЩve already explained I wonтАЩt be able to return before November or December at the earliest. I recently suggested that he might therefore wish to consider contacting another foreigner who has time to spend visiting him on a more regular basis. This upset him a little and he accused me of trying to push him away, when all I was trying to do was look after his interests. He said he was prepared to wait, which was very generous of him.

But given that I havenтАЩt met the guy yet, I donтАЩt want to commit myself to anything more than paying him a visit over 7 days, visiting his family and going to local places of interest with him. And, of course, leaving him a small amount of cash, similar to the amount I would pay here in Thailand.

It is already clear that he is from a very poor family, or a тАЬsimple familyтАЭ, as he said in his own words. It seems perfectly obvious that he is looking for someone to take care of him and his family. IтАЩm no stranger to this and have been down this road before here in Thailand. Whether IтАЩm prepared to do this for the Filipino boy is currently unclear and I wonтАЩt make any decisions until I weigh up how our first week turns out.

A friend has already sent me a тАШstorm warningтАЩ, which IтАЩm seriously considering. I donтАЩt want to mislead the boy, or build up his hopes needlessly. Clearly, I need to establish exactly what he expects from me in terms of support and, if it is beyond my means, then be totally honest and tell him that I cannot provide what he is looking for. Perhaps, in retrospect, I should have discussed the matter of his financial expectations last week, but I rather got caught up in the heat of the moment. But it is not too late to bring up the subject of money, which, surprisingly, we haven't even spoken about yet.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think if you're expecting a "ok you send me XXXX a month and I can be your good BF" you'll be pleasantly surprised at that conversation NOT being forthcoming in the same way that it might be from a Thai guy.

I'm not saying the desire for that care to happen might not be there as of course it is but that cold hard chat about it may not be so quickly or bluntly forthcoming as "anything" given to the guy is of course a bonus.

Thankfully I've never had or heard that conversation from my BF as both he and his family are all well enough off to manage just fine without any white guys help ( thank goodness) so it never comes up and hell there's a few times I've been thinking of asking them to support ME :-), but I'm guessing even if that was to come up the conversation would never be as direct and blunt re that as I would expect or be used to it being when dealing with "some" Thai guys I know.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not a bad option, maybe, for those expats in Thailand who are looking for a boyfriend and who happen to be sick and tired of Thai boys (that doesn't include myself, I'm just mentioning it because I've been subjected to their whining and bitching a lot recently).
    Quote Originally Posted by a447
    just keep wondering how long the boyfriend experience would last before he strayed.

But how is that any different to any other guy one might meet, if you go through from life thinking like that then you'd never hook up with anyone for longer than one night ( HA I've just remember who I'm addressing this post too !!! that thinking just might explain A LOT perhaps :-) Personally I always work on the basis that with me being older and gays generally being a pack of tarts anyway that over a longish period of time thats always going to be a fairly likely outcome anyway at some point and then it's just a matter of how that's handled as to whether it has to be a deal breaker or not as in my view if handled correctly and openly that shouldn't necessarily need to be the death kiss to a relationship - as lets face it (and speaking personally anyway) let he without sin cast the first stone and all that in that regard.

Mind you ask me again how I feel in a few months or years when I discover my BF fucking half of the town where I live and perhaps my view might change who knows, mind you as no matter how hard he tries I'll probably have out done him I guess I'm not really one to judge ! :-)