Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Philippines reports?

Liked

Re: Philippines reports?

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    OH one other piece of advice...
    Avoid the Go Go Bars in Manila. The drinks are expensive and the dancers are out for tips.
    And off costs at least US$100 and the guy is probably straight.
    Enjoy the Gay Bars in Malate. they are centered around Remedios Circle.
    But things do not even get started in the Bars until 1-2AM!!! Things close down at 5-6AM if at all.
    So take a nap, go out late for dinner, and then enjoy an all nighter at the Bar...
    This is no good..... $100 off fees in gogo bars or having to stay up beyond 1:00 am.
    It's nice to visit a gogo bar, have your off fixed by 9:00 pm & at the end of the night, still have change from that $100.

Liked

I do think many Filipino guys are sincere in wanting to meet Older White Men, or other foreigners.
    However their motivation is often to get the hell out of the Philippines!!!
    Or to have a man who will take good care of them...
    HUM, maybe that sounds so much like Thailand??
    For me the attraction of Filipino guys is that they speak English!!!
    I loved Thai men, but had a difficult time sharing a conversation with them.
    My fault because I could never learn to speak Thai.
    SO, go to the Philippines. The beaches are beautiful and the men are hot!!!
    As they say in Tagalog... INGAT

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    I do think many Filipino guys are sincere in wanting to meet Older White Men, or other foreigners.
    However their motivation is often to get the hell out of the Philippines!!!
    Great point. I just chatted with a Pinoy on GayRomeo yesterday. Having just returned from his second short visit to Bangkok, he's desperately looking for someone who'd help him relocate from the Philippines to Bangkok for an extended stay (ideally for good). Not a bad option, maybe, for those expats in Thailand who are looking for a boyfriend and who happen to be sick and tired of Thai boys (that doesn't include myself, I'm just mentioning it because I've been subjected to their whining and bitching a lot recently).
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Not a bad option, maybe, for those expats in Thailand who are looking for a boyfriend and who happen to be sick and tired of Thai boys (that doesn't include myself, I'm just mentioning it because I've been subjected to their whining and bitching a lot recently).
    I'd just keep wondering how long the boyfriend experience would last before he strayed.

Liked

Philippines have many beautiful places. However, for me Thais are incomparably more attractive. So.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    who happen to be sick and tired of Thai boys (that doesn't include myself, I'm just mentioning it because I've been subjected to their whining and bitching a lot recently).
    You have obviously never had to deal with the whining and bitching of a pinoy boy LOL!
    When scorned (or when they perceive they have been scorned) the retaliation of a Fillipino boy makes a Thai boy seem like the Dalai Lama!
    Besides that it seems that the Fillipino surgeons love to butcher the boys cocks at circumcision time and leave them looking like amputated turkey necks!
    (Sorry NIrishguy!)

[attachment=0:1qsy8cg1]imagesCAWWQTBI.jpg[/attachment:1qsy8cg1]

Give me a placid buddhist uncut Thai boy any day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just heard first hand report of farang visiting Philippines and having to flee to the
    airport. Farang negotiated price with a large muscled boy. After the deed was done,
    the boy demanded many times the agreed price. The boy threatened the farang and
    told him that he knew who he was, where he was and had friends that would make the
    farang regret it if he didn't fork over hundreds of US dollars.
    Farang paid, packed bags,checked out and fled to the airport.
    My guess would be a gayromeo date or a street pickup. Didn't ask.
    Shakedowns can happen anyplace of course.

Liked

My trips to the Philippines have been great. I've done a few 3-day visits just to Manila, stayed in the city and it's a nice break. I'd recommend it if you, like me, enjoy getting to know places that tourists don't visit: (sorry I don't remember names, but it's easily found I'm sure) the church with the black Jesus (!), the teeming market around that area, the old historic areas. Also, because few tourists come, I think your chances of finding a very hot, willing, and NOT looking for money Pinoy is quite possible, even more so than Thailand.
    My visits to Manila, usually staying at the Hyatt (soon to be rebranded) in Malate. I prefer Malate because it feels more Filipino, and is walking distance to some nice restaurants and most of the gay clubs and bars. Also quite close to the airport.
    Makati is the business and shopping area. I have also stayed at the Intercontinental Makati, and it was lovely with a good gym and great shopping across the street.
    Let's just stay that, if you put your Gay Romeo profile up in Manila, you will get A LOT of replies. A LOT! I actually think I got about 300+ messages. I know that some may have been looking for money, but my profile is very direct that I'm not paying any money. And I repeat it in conversations.
    Maybe I just got lucky, but I got plenty of replies from professional guys in their 20s and 30s. I even made a lifelong friend, who ended up travelling with me around the Philippines for 3 weeks on my next visit (I paid for his air tickets, and we split hotel costs, and he paid for reasonable meals). Agree that getting out of Manila is a great idea; a bit harder to meet guys in smaller cities but quite possible. We went to Bohol, Dumaguete, and Siquijor. I can highly recommend all 3! No chain hotels to be found, but plenty of good options and tons of reviews about hotels in English from domestic Filipino travellers on travel websites.
    I think if you're looking at 22yo guys who don't have jobs, you should expect to pay money....but that's quite often true in BKK too.
    As for Thai guys being better looking: if you offer me a tall, lean 25yo muscle guy from either country, I'll be just fine :ymhug:
    Completely agree about the weird circumcision techniques btw!
    Oh and I've found that, in general, Filipino guys are ready for a relationship after, oh, 3 minutes-- so yes it's harder to say goodbye than in Thailand. But that said, I'd still go back anytime.
    Sorry for the random notes in here, but as you can see in general I like the Philippines; that said, I did choose to visit Thailand this year in July (3 weeks: 10 days in BKK, 4 in Khon Kaen, and 5 in Chiang Mai)-- and I loved Khon Kaen, mostly because of my reasoning above about liking the Philippines because there are literally almost zero foreign tourists in most Filipino cities; another reason why I'm completely not interested in visiting Boracay, the ONLY place in the country that has successfully been promoted as a tourist place. Amazing beaches, great food, friendly guys, beautiful jungles, etc all over the place, and the only place that foreigners seem to want to visit is Boracay? Yikes what a shambles of a government tourist office.....

Liked

I put in 4 years there and had more sex than I have had in all my life put together and 90% was free but I was living as a local lives so most knew I could pay but knew I didn't have too. Most of the guys just like white guys in bed better. The Catholic Church there really has no influence and most are openly out or would be if they could afford it financially. Although they lov3 family most thier BF would make a close second.
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Quote Originally Posted by lego
    Besides that it seems that the Fillipino surgeons love to butcher the boys cocks at circumcision time and leave them looking like amputated turkey necks! (Sorry NIrishguy!)
    HA WHAT SURGEON MIGHT THAT BE !?? Ha its funny that this conversation has come up just now as only earlier this week I was standing in the kitchen talking to my PH BF and ( jokingly) waved a kitchen knife at him if he didn't bugger off and let me get on with the cooking ( I can't imagine why they think us farang are strange at all sometimes lol) to which he ( again jokingly) quickly reclined away from me saying that he was scared of knives and to stop it immediately ( party pooper !) but when I asked why he was scared he replied ( not joking this time ) "I'm scared even since my mum circumsized me! " to which I nearly dropped the heavy pan I was carrying shouting "WHAT !" He then went on to explain ever so calmly and in such an every day sort of way that "oh yes when my mum circumsized me it hurt like hell for days" - I then asked a) What the hell was his mum was doing doing that in the first place ( I'd forgotten she is a nurse) and b) I asked what age he was - to which he replied he was 11 ! I asked was that not a bit old and he said "oh no, I was very late in getting it done as I was scared so she always put off doing it to me and ......just DID ALL THE OTHER BOYS IN MY CLASS FIRST !!! ( again pan nearly hit the floor by this stage)

I couldn't believe what I was hearing but yes apparently it's part of their culture at around that age all guys ( have to) get it done when in the same class and age group when in school and if you didn't you'd get called names by your classmates in a bog way and be called and assumed to be "dirty" down there ( as he was as he wouldn't have it done in the beginning). I asked was there no doctor there to do it and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "no need" as my mum does all the boys in the town and they who apparently all get it done in the week before school closes for the summer holidays so they can then run round in massive baggy tee shirts and not much else until their tackle heals - needless to say as I'm uncut ( and staying that way) I've declined every offer he's every made for me to go and have dinner with his folks just in case his mum shouts "dirty" boy and reaches for the bread knife - I do believe that he also told me that no anaesthetic was used either but I may have misheard that as only local anaesthetic was used as I was to busy burning the steaks by that point and still reeling from the mother part of the story.

However as a further aside to this I should be safe enough as I recently had a conversation with said BF where he told me how much ( or how little) he was giving his parents as "housekeeping" for when he stayed there and not here and I pointed out how little this was in real terms and how as he'd just got a new better paying job here in a hospital that he really should consider doing the decent thing and giving them a little ( or a lot) more perhaps, which to be fair to him he did, his parents then asked him what sparked his sudden burst of generosity ( as like all younger Asian guys he wouldn't be known for easily agreeing to simply GIVE money away) so when he told him actually it was my idea I was of course immediately number one favour of the month "son in law" with his folks and dinner invites have been flying in every since ( again large knife and uncut cock so all offers have been politely but firmly declined :-) - hmmm funny too how they've gone from not being happy about him being gay and being gay with an older white guy to now thinking I'm the best thing since sliced bread after getting them a "rise" - strange that eh ! :-)

However knowing what I know about Asian guys I am of course just now waiting to see how much HIS raise to his folks is going to cost ME ! ( I am joking there as to be fair to him he never asks, gets or expects a penny over and apart from what I'd happily normally spend here anyway on meals out or weekends away and stuff with any BF, Asian or otherwise no matter where he happened to come from and on our last trip away to Amsterdam there he actually insisted on paying for his own flights and making a reasonable contribution towards the hotel so he's come from the usual mould it seems (or just not YET it seems).....although now that I think of it he has had me in the Apple store three times now since the iPhone 6 has come out lol - ha and he'll have a LONG and ultimately unsuccessful wait little does he know but I think he's fully aware of that and is intending to blow some of his own money on that useless unnecessary purchase to upgrade his perfectly acceptable existing iPhone 5S - it seems Thai boys and PH boys may not be THAT different after all it seems ! :-)