Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Philippines reports?

Liked

Philippines reports?

Is it any good there? Certainly a lot of promising entries on Romeo.

Anyone been there, and able to offer the benefit of experience?

Liked

Re: Philippines reports?

Obviously not, judging by the lack of replies.

I get the impression that it is all too hard to have fun in the Philippines, compared to Thailand.

If someone could persuade me otherwise, I'd be off there in a shot.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ha ha well now you can nearly guess who's going to reply to that ....... :-) There's sex a plenty in the PH's ( and then some) whether it be paid ( and at half the price of Thailand! ) in the (few) gay bars in Malate etc or online or just walking about the place, whilst PH guys are a little more reserved about their sexuality as thanks to the Church when I was there no one is "gay" there just Bi ( SO not true of course) but once past that minor fun hiccup I can assure you that PH guys are as hot as hell in the sack just like Thai guys and are very fond of partying with one or more guys just as the night goes with no inhibitions. I also found that they are ( and this might cause some to Tut in annoyance) a little (lot) more genuine than some of the average gay guys I've met in BKK or Pattaya and I'm actually starting to sway towards both PH and Bali guys over my usual Thai friends ( although some Thai's still have the edge when it comes to looks I think for sure) - so to answer your question, yes there's plenty of action to be had in the PH's, albeit at a slightly different pace than Thailand perhaps, but action none the less and once you get out of Manilla ( which is a shit hole) it's a very beautiful country too with great beaches and lovely people ( although I should probably declare that I've a PH BF here at home right now as well as a PH guy in Bkk who I'm very close too as well just now so that MAY be swaying my preferences just a little - give it a few weeks and no doubt it'll be somewhere else that gets top marks lol)

Liked

My first taste of Asia was a few weeks in PH in the mid 90s. Had a lot of fun in bars around Malate. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then, but I could be persuaded to return.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Keep the posts coming, NIrish - you're beginning to persuade me!

Liked

Thanks Nirish.

Seems that accommodation in Malate is a bit pricey though (compared to Thailand). On agoda, seems to be around $60/n for a 3 star place with a decent review score, on average.

Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Liked

This old Dad, or Tito, has been visiting the PHs for 8 years.
    I find the guys there much more loving and fun to go out with than the guys I meet in Thailand.
    And for me at 73 yo it is great to meet younger men who really enjoy making love to a Daddy!!
    Of course, you must be careful. Many Filipino, or Pinoy men, are looking for a Westerner to take them out of the poverty of the Philippines. And they can play you just like a sweet "straight" Thai man.
    My advice is to get out of Manila!!
    As Nirish says, Manila is a shit hole.
    Fly to Cebu instead. Many many handsome guys in Cebu and nice restaurants and close beaches.
    I often stay at the Crown Regency Towers for US$60 per nice, double room, with two free breakfasts.
    No problem bringing anyone back to your room.
    I also love Davao, on Mindanao. And YES it is very safe!!! The Mayor keeps a tight hand on crime and any hint of terrorists.
    Again, beautiful beaches across the channel on Samal.
    And many less expensive hotel to choose from.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    And as they say in Tagalog, INGAT (Take care!!!)

Liked

OH one other piece of advice...
    Avoid the Go Go Bars in Manila. The drinks are expensive and the dancers are out for tips.
    And off costs at least US$100 and the guy is probably straight.
    Enjoy the Gay Bars in Malate. they are centered around Remedios Circle.
    But things do not even get started in the Bars until 1-2AM!!! Things close down at 5-6AM if at all.
    So take a nap, go out late for dinner, and then enjoy an all nighter at the Bar...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    And for me at 73 yo it is great to meet younger men who really enjoy making love to a Daddy!!
    A friend is a frequent traveler to the Philippines who advertises as a Daddy on GayRomeo looking for bottom boys. They come flocking to him for a f***ing; he claims they can't get enough of it.

Liked

Just stumbled upon this interesting topic today. Thanks for posting such great information GWMinUS.

IтАЩve never been to the Philippines, but have had many lads from the Philippines contact me on the тАШnet. Very soon after saying a casual тАШhelloтАЩ, which I didnтАЩt really expect to go further, they have always responded very quickly and very positively. But the conversations, quite naturally I suppose, led on to requests to come and visit them. As IтАЩve no plans at present to visit the Philippines IтАЩve been honest and told them that. But despite this, some have still continued to contact me from time to time and tried to persuade me to change my mind.

Now I donтАЩt answer any new requests from lads in the Philippines as I canтАЩt see me going there any day soon. And I wouldnтАЩt want to mislead them or waste their time. However, if the day comes when I want to give the Philippines a try, then the information provided by GWMinUS will prove invaluable.

IтАЩve said this before, but once IтАЩve landed in Thailand I seem most reluctant to try somewhere new. And reports on other places such as Siem Reap by Arsenal, on another topic, tend to confirm my worst fears. Perhaps I need to be more adventurous like a447. When I get around to meeting him I must see if any of his sense of adventure rubs off on me.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases