Quote Originally Posted by 2lz2p
It has always been a requirement for those entering on Visa Exempt (30 day stay) to have an onward ticket
Onward Tickets.

This may become more of an issue if there is some form of crackdown on the way since it involves not just Immigration but also the airlines. I have rarely met anyone who has entered the Kingdom on such 30 day permits and been asked for their onward ticket at Immigration. But before I got my retirement visa, I was twice almost denied boarding on flights in to BKK for that very reason.

Once was in Hong Kong despite many Thailand entry/exit stamps in my passport and my being near the top tier of the CX loyalty programme. That took just one call to a supervisor and my boarding pass was issued. The other time was in Sydney trying to board a BA flight. Again I was in business class and had a BA Executive Club Gold card. But I had no onward ticket with me, even though I was booked on another airline to HKG less than 14 days later. This took 25 minutes to solve after going through three layers of management, calling the travel agent in BKK, and my providing the airline with a blank signed credit card slip in the event I was denied entry at BKK. That would have involved BA flying me back to Sydney at my cost and paying the fine which the BKK authorities would levy on the airline for breaking the rules!

I would not recommend anyone coming in on the 30-day visa waiver trying to enter the Kingdom without having physical proof of an onward ticket on arrival.