Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: A question for retirees

Liked

Re: A question for retirees

I had cataract surgery at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya at the end of May. It was done as inpatient care, with one eye done on Monday, the second on Tuesday (after Doctor examined the right eye to be sure there were no problems), and was released on Wednesday. The Doctor was very professional and experienced. I am well satisfied with the results. I had the mono lenses rather than the multi (which are more expensive and not covered by my US Health Insurance). The total costs was 169,034 baht. Since cataract surgery is mostly done in USA as outpatient with a few weeks between each eye, I was concerned that my Insurance might exclude the inpatient costs and reimburse me at the 85% outpatient rate. But, when they paid the claim, it was the entire amount at my 100% inpatient rate.

Queen Sirikit in Sattahip has a sign posted that foreigners pay 50% more than Thais -- even so, if they do the surgery, it would probably be quite a bit less than an International Hospital even with the surcharge. My bf has used Queen Sirikit and it is a fine hospital - most of the doctors speak English, but not so for medical staff. Also, it being a Government hospital, expect long waits to see a doctor and schedule non-emergency surgery.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A question for retirees

Reasons I chose to retire in Thailand:

(1) cheap amazing sex with a virtually unlimited number of hot young men who are eager to please older chubby white guys

(2) cheap living ---- cheap rent, cheap food, cheap housekeepers, cheap massages, cheap sex, you name it

It doesn't have to be permanent. Think of it as an extended holiday. If you don't like it after 6 months or a year, go back.

It doesn't even have to be full time. My retirement visa allows me to come and go freely. My plan is actually for my bf and I to be in New York 40% of the time, Bangkok 40% of the time, and traveling the world 20% of the time.

Never never never buy. Rent. Rent a condo. Rent a car. Rent a bf. Rent everything. Never buy.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day