List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't get sick in Scotland (especially after independence)

Don't get sick in Scotland (especially after independence)

ScotlandтАЩs NHS is тАЬteetering on the edge of collapseтАЭ and needs urgent reform to survive, the countryтАЩs most senior GP has warned in a scathing condemnation of the SNPтАЩs record in office. Dr Brian Keighley, chairman of the British Medical Association (BMA) in Scotland, said there has been тАЬcontinuing crisis management of the longest car crash in my memoryтАЭ over the past five years instead of ministers implementing long-term solutions. Warning that тАЬcracksтАЭ are emerging in everything from the provision of hospital food to cancer waiting times targets, he mocked the Scottish GovernmentтАЩs new promise of a truly seven-day NHS when all that is funded at the moment is тАЬan inadequate five-day serviceтАЭ.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... lapse.html

Liked

Re: Don't get sick in Scotland (especially after independenc

Jesus Christ, Kommie - if you are going to comment on the NHS in Scotland (and strictly speaking there is no such entity), you might do better than to quote from a rabidly Tory, English-owned, partisan newspaper which is deeply involved in an ongoing Referendum debate - on the Unionist side.

The reality:

"Findings just released from the Scottish Social Attitudes Survey (SSAS) 2013 have found satisfaction with ScotlandтАЩs NHS increased by over 20 per cent since 2005. The official survey of around 1500 Scots found that 61 per cent of people in Scotland were either very or quite satisfied with the NHS, compared with only 40 per cent in 2005.

This high level of satisfaction is reflected in the patient experience as well. In last yearтАЩs Health and Care Experience Survey, 85 per cent of Scottish inpatients say their overall care and treatment was good or excellent, and 87 per cent also rated the overall care from their GP surgery as good or excellent too.

The findings contrast with a reduction in UK-wide NHS satisfaction levels since 2011. Comparisons must be made with care - but the survey authors speculate that the different trend may be due in part to concerns about the changes in the English NHS following the introduction of the Health and Social Care Act in 2012."

<source: opendemocracy.net>

Incidentally, your post is in the wrong forum it ought to be in "Everything else"

:o)

Some people are easily pleased.

Liked

Clearly you don't know many Scots - we are far from easily pleased, but (especially with the elderly) there is a lingering and unhealthy deference to anybody working within the Scottish Health Service (to give it it's correct title).

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Clearly you don't know many Scots - we are far from easily pleased, but (especially with the elderly) there is a lingering and unhealthy deference to anybody working within the Scottish Health Service (to give it it's correct title).
    Or even more correctly "to give it its correct title".

Liked

That's the problem with auto-correct!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    . . . unhealthy deference to anybody working within the Scottish Health Service (to give it it's correct title).
    People in glass houses . . .

One has to be grateful the riff-raff are being sorted out and all those visa runner English teachers won't be around to inflect their learning on the young Thais.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    . . . unhealthy deference to anybody working within the Scottish Health Service (to give it it's correct title).
    People in glass houses . . .

One has to be grateful the riff-raff are being sorted out and all those visa runner English teachers won't be around to inflect their learning on the young Thais.
    Well spotted fountainhall. Like scotty, I blame fucking Apple auto correct. I guess you don't have that problem on your trusty Windows XP computer?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I frequently have the problem! But i haven't worked on a Windows computer for more than 20 years - always Apples.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    I frequently have the problem! But i haven't worked on a Windows computer for more than 20 years - always Apples.
    Since you're in Thailand on a retirement visa I guess you could have left that as "i haven't worked"??