Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests update

Liked

Re: Protests update

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    The blogger was commenting on a report on the audit results that have been reported, not the ones that have not.
    He was still totally wrong! By merely taking 22 million tonnes of rice that has gone missing in Ayutthya and projecting that nationwide, he comes up with a "fake" headline and a false conclusion, To fit his own agenda - quite clear when you look back at his earlier blogs - he totally fails to mention the earlier Chayaphum case, but then that would have severely dented his argument. I clearly pointed out the Chayaphum case involved both rice and paddy. Read more carefully and you will note that the amount of rice was in fact 129 tonnes. So in two of the first investigations, 151 tonnes are missing. Not a massive amount, to be sure. But considering the vast quantities of rice that remain to be checked, for any writer to conclude at this very early stage -

it is for that 0.009% the junta staged their coup and the PDRC terrorised Bangkok?
    is quite obviously utterly ridiculous!

Thank you Khun Suthep sorry I mean fountainhall.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suppose you think that amusing. Enjoy your fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    I suppose you think that amusing. Enjoy your fantasies.
    It's clear that you disagree profoundly with your Lord and Saviour, General Prayuth. He has been happy to publish the results of statistical samples of a typical cross section of the Thai population in the form of opinion polls. You however don't (want to) believe in the results from a representative sample of audits on the rice storage. Or perhaps you don't believe they're representative, in which case I'd be interested to hear why. Statistical sampling overall has a long and proven history with typical populations of data. Or is it that from living so long in a third world country you have acquired a third rate mind?

Liked

There appears to be no trustworthy Thai news source in English at the moment; the Bangkok Post has all but given-up being anything other than a moutphiece for the Dear Leader, while The Nation is.....well, The Nation. Those "opinion polls" are risible.

I am shocked to the core of my being to read in today's paper that The General's boys and girls have been purloining rice from the scheme

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 38527.html

Liked

Aren't you going to grudgingly praise the military for prosecuting one of their own?

Liked

Fascists always fall out with each other once they've grabbed power. The Dear Leader is, at this moment, looking over his shoulder to see who wants his job. Money and power, power and money.... an intoxicating prospect for any military thug.

I'll be praising the junta when they start referring cases to the anti-corruption bodies where military officers are complicit in padding construction contracts or granting monopolies to their mates rather than through a transparent tender process