Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Slight Forum Changes

Liked

Slight Forum Changes

Re: Slight Forum Changes

Members,

In order to simplify the difference between the two Forums, I would like to re-classify the Gay South East Asia Forum to include all of Asia. I will rename this Forum "Sawatdee Gay Asia" and move any / all topics from the Global Forum to the new Sawatdee Gay Asia forum.

The Global Forum will be renamed, the Sawatdee Gay World forum and will include topics about any place in the world outside Thailand and Asia.

These changes are as a result of suggestions from member(s).

Thank you,

Surfcrest

Similar Threads:

Liked

"Gay South East Asia" was fine for me, when I asked about my sexual preferences, I specify "South East Asian men", by which I understand everything between Bangladesh and Philippines, Malaysia and Japan (but Japan and China are not South East Asia).

Asia is too general, it has Russians, Indians, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Israelis, I have no sexual interest in any of these.

I find the UK practice of referring to people from the sub-continent as "Asians" (IC4 Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani, Maldivian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, or any other (South) Asian person) and what most people would call "Asian" as something else as (most often) "Chinese" (IC5 Chinese, Japanese, Korean or South-East Asian person) bizarre but there you are. I have no interest in sex with Indians and I think that's probably the only "no-go" racial group I have. I do however stick with Patsy's rule as expressed in a very early episode of Absolutely Fabulous - "I never have sex with a man whose bum is bigger than mine". I certainly wouldn't refer to Bangladeshis as "Asian".

Liked

You've raised some good points Christian, I believe for our purposes we are probably looking at East Asia consisting of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Japan, South Korea and North Korea; sometimes, Mongolia as well as well as Southeast Asia consisting of Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, East Timor, Brunei and the Philippines.

It's important to note that Asia itself is not geographically a distinct continent. As a result it is commonly broken down and referred to in it's sub parts of East Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, West Asia, Central Asia and North Asia. I've just added East Asia to our current S.E. Asia Forum as the world gets smaller with the ease of modern travel and more visitors are traveling to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea and Japan.

Clearly from an attraction stand point, there may be some similarities between the people of S.E. Asia and East Asia that may prove popular enough throughout the membership as discussion topics to warrant bringing these two Asia's together in one Forum. Let's see how it goes!

Surfcrest