Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy Thai Prawns

Liked

Re: Enjoy Thai Prawns

I knew there was a reason I didn't like prawns.

Liked

This is a shocking though not surprising film. However in the interests of balance (not always there with The Guardian). Meeting the fishing boys down at Bang Saray is always a pleasure and they give every impression of being happy. Most of them are Cambodian and speak very good English. They certainly don't come across as slaves. Secondly the vast majority of shellfish in South East Asia is now farmed and it is the advances in the technology needed to farm this food that has lead to the low prices.

Liked

Good to hear that the Cambodians on the beach appear happy. I recall much the same being said of the singing and dancing slaves of the Good Ol' South.
    Perhaps you should tell the US Ambassador before the final decision is made?

Liked

Oliver. Climb down off of your high horse and go and talk to them. And they're not on the beach, they;re on a boat. If you're so appalled by this then perhaps you should vote with your feet and go somewhere else for your holidays. But then that would involve a sacrifice on your part, wouldn't it?

Liked

Bucknaway is always singin and dancin. Perhaps he knows something that we don't??

Liked

Well, I never thought that I'd ever agree with Oliver and I even have him on ignore. But he is right to point this evil practice out.
    How about the junta sorting out some of the problems in the deep south now?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    Secondly the vast majority of shellfish in South East Asia is now farmed and it is the advances in the technology needed to farm this food that has lead to the low prices.
    If I understood the film correctly, the slave ships are providing the unsaleable fish food for the farms.
    C.P. Foods have issued an unbelievable whitewash statement but if you choose to believe their version -- continue to eat your cheap prawns guilt free.

Liked

Pantanawet. The recent UN report on slavery came to the conclusion that there have never been more slaves in the world than there are at this moment in time. Nothing (if investigated properly) is going to be entirely guilt free.

Liked

I shall never eat prawns again in Thailand. No to modern day slavery!
    Feels good to finally compensate for my regular support to the prostitution industry.

You just need to get over things Oliver - shit happens.