Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alarming news

Liked

Re: Alarming news

I now find these shows boring - I've seen too many. My motive for visiting bars is to pick up boys to take back to my hotel and stage my own show.

Liked

Wait until Gay Romeo is blocked, along with Face book, Line et al. You may be bothered then.
    And weren't there threats made against Babylon during the last "crackdown?"
    I recall the minister behind that being shocked by finding condoms at (I think) a straight disco.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Wait until Gay Romeo is blocked, along with Face book, Line et al. You may be bothered then.
    I recall the minister behind that being shocked by finding condoms at (I think) a straight disco.
    No GR, FB?... that would never happen here(?):

http://www.cnet.com/news/behind-thailan ... ssent-q-a/

Liked

Whether or not you are "bothered" by the banning of these shows is irrelevant; I, for one, have no wish to see them.
    The point is (and I posted this out not along ago when discussing the military take over of this democracy), generals tend not to have liberal attitudes to personal and social freedoms, whether they be "life-styles" or political opinions. We saw this in Greece, Chile and now in Egypt.
    Gays (and other folk of alternative lifestyles) who are complacent about what military coups lead to, need to wake -up quickly.
    On reflection, you make a disturbing and valid point. This action by the combined police and military could very well be the thin end of a very nasty wedge.

Liked

I think the Thai govt has wanted to clean up Thailand's image for a long time, but they haven't had the balls to do so; that and rampant corruption.

I couldn't care less about the fuck shows, but I did enjoy the big cock shows. Oh, well...I can always find an Isaan guy to put on a private show in my "loom."

The biggest loser will be the German owner of BOysbangkok and Dreamboys, as the sex shows were an excuse to charge exhorbitant prices. And if the sex shows finish he'll lose all of his Asian customers.

But I bet the shows will soon be back...this is Thailand and tea money counts for everything.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

For a couple of years the Thais have been censoring sex sites, I'm amazed they haven't yet censored G.R. It is basically an online call boy sevice.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

curiosity....

How come BKK is not allowed to have the sex shows and Pattaya is allowed?

Isn't the military running the entire country?

or is it because BKK is the capital and needs to have the semblance of a better moral image?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Xboys Pattayaland Soi 1 had two go go bars with sex shows, Catawampus has posted often about them on Gaybutton, he would know best if they still have the shows. Why not PM him and ask?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

There's another aspect - BT per se was for years run and owned by a European cartel who didn't want to see that sort of entertainment iN their area, and I don't just mean the cartel you SAW day and daily - there were some other, rather shadowy figures in the background pulling the strings

Now the cartel has substantially broken up, some venues on the fringes of BT have tried diversifying into more adult shows.

Sunee, on the other hand, always had sex shows - until the area was continually targeted for action due to "other issues".

Liked

Once the shows are banned a lot of collateral changes are bound to happen.
    One possibility - bars will try to make up in off fees what they lost in drinks.
    And sleazy shows were on my list of pro's when I first decided to visit.
    There may be many like me out there.