Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alarming news

Liked

Alarming news

I am not sure if reposts from other forums are allowed here, but this is what I read at one:

"I've not been over to soi Twilight in a few weeks but I have it on good authority that the police accompanied by the military have told every bar owner that sex shows will not be allowed. No fucking shows and no big cock shows but boys in underwear and shirtless are OK.

During the last coup the military ignored soi Twilight. In fact the sex shows were suspended under Thaksin's second year term under the "Social Order Campaign" and resumed immediately after the 2006 coup.

How long this is in effect is anyone's guess. I don't know it the bars will comply and then ignore the order. I don't know if all the bars will comply. I was told Dream Boys and Boys Bangkok are complying. I don't know how the bars can survive without shows. I don't know what's going on with the lady bars but I suspect it's the same.

The military are not screwing with the gay saunas or the massage venues. I don't know about street trade."

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Liked

Re: Alarming news

I won't miss the sex shows or the nudity. I'm sure others will and I think there will be places that will offer it. I'm wondering if the change will help bring the expensive bar prices back to a reasonable cost?
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Won't bother me too much. This little ill wind might blow a lot of the giggling females out of Soi Twilight.

Why bother going to Thailand if this is true?

Liked

Would not bother me if the shows stopped....as the other poster remarked,,,who enjoys sitting at a show with a bunch of laughing women
    sometimes with their husbands.....The shows were interesting the first or 2nd time I saw them few years ago....I don't go anymore...
    and I don't need some nelli go go boy leaning over my table being screwed...well, if that is your bag.....ENJOY I say...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday
    Would not bother me if the shows stopped....as the other poster remarked,,,who enjoys sitting at a show with a bunch of laughing women
    sometimes with their husbands.....The shows were interesting the first or 2nd time I saw them few years ago....I don't go anymore...
    and I don't need some nelli go go boy leaning over my table being screwed...well, if that is your bag.....ENJOY I say...
    I have observed the touts in action from my high stools in the Beer bars along the soi and I've concluded that their preferred targets are groups of Korean, Hong Kongese, Chinese, and Farang women who protest too much as they're bundled through the doors of the "gay" go go bars. As these are now the mainstay of the Soi Twilight F--k Show scene then good riddance to it.

Liked

Whether or not you are "bothered" by the banning of these shows is irrelevant; I, for one, have no wish to see them.
    The point is (and I posted this out not along ago when discussing the military take over of this democracy), generals tend not to have liberal attitudes to personal and social freedoms, whether they be "life-styles" or political opinions. We saw this in Greece, Chile and now in Egypt.
    Gays (and other folk of alternative lifestyles) who are complacent about what military coups lead to, need to wake -up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Gays (and other folk of alternative lifestyles) who are complacent about what military coups lead to, need to wake -up quickly.
    And rush into the streets, grab the nearest soldier and cry "Rape me, rape me". As dear Lytton Strachey replied when asked at his Conscientious Objector Board "What would you do if you came across a German soldier raping your sister?"- "I should attempt to interpose myself".

Liked

Remember when Thaksin's Social Minister Purachai cracked down on the bars. The policy was popular amongst the Thais but not for this sex tourist back then. For several trips the visits to the bars were boring, with a capital "B". The gay social media sites were not in vogue back then. This is the first time I remember a coup cracking down on the adult venues, it would piss me off if I visited the bars, but I hope everyone enjoys the coup's version of "national happiness".

Liked

not bothered one bit.