Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saigon still into gay life there

Liked

Re: Saigon still into gay life there

Oh, I've no doubt you're correct about that a447 - and that these regulations are aimed at str8s . However, my bf IS Vietnamese and assures me that there can be significant problems in many hotels with trying to register 2 guys in a one-bedded room, and everything I have read/heard seems to (at least) point in that direction.

Doubtless there will be hotels which are more flexible than others - it would be a matter of finding one. No hotels advertise as "gay" - either online or even in Spartacus. There is the recently opened Godmother's Bar which advertises as gay, and has rooms above - so, you'd think that would be a strong possibility, but their informative website has mysteriously disappeared in the past couple of weeks.

Liked

Try the Tan Hai Long #3 Silverland Hotel..not a problem there if you book one of the deluxe rooms..
    they do not question you about the guys visiting you..but please tip the staff good ..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    " ... For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group. Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart ... "
    Just how fat are you anyway?
    We often end up (unbeknownst at first ... now I know what we'll probably get in the boonies) with two single beds. We love it, sharing a single bed all night ... taking endless liberties is obligatory, and I have discovered crevices easily missed in the big-ass king bed at home.
    Have you no sense of adventure dooood?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    So it's still possible if you want to bring a guy back, but you have to run the gauntlet of straight visitors and family groups. Could be uncomfortable in the lift.
    You have no sense of adventure a447. The whole point is to offend straight visitors and family groups in the lift or indeed anywhere else. Always ask the men in front of their wives if they managed to get away and visit a girly bar last night. If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present. Referring to a baby as a "fuck trophy" can work wonders. When on a plane where there are annoying children running around I leer at the parents and say in a confidential tone "You do know there may be a paedophile on board?"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    .... Have you no sense of adventure dooood?
    Yes! But squeezing 2 people into an 18" wide single bed when one of them is Asian and seems to run an overnight body temperature of 100c, isn't my idea of adventure - more like purgatory.

Liked

Kommentariat wrote:
    You have no sense of adventure a447. The whole point is to offend straight visitors and family groups in the lift or indeed anywhere else. Always ask the men in front of their wives if they managed to get away and visit a girly bar last night. If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present. Referring to a baby as a "fuck trophy" can work wonders. When on a plane where there are annoying children running around I leer at the parents and say in a confidential tone "You do know there may be a paedophile on board?"
    Lol

But "I shy."

Liked

I have to say Kommy's post made me laugh out loud.

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    " ... If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present ... "
    OK OK, you've convinced me. The Board was rife with 'sit-on-my-face' stories some years ago, which were hard to ignore. Along with few other smelly tidbits ... I'm not only convinced, I'm contrite.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group.
    Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart or play them at their own game by booking a family room with 2 big beds (or 1 big, 1 small) and make 1 look like its been slept in.
    Well that's a foolproof way of preventing guys having sex in your hotel. I mean, if there are 2 beds, there's no way they're going to do it.....

Liked

I've never had any problem to let another guy (a local, more to the point) share my hotel room with me in Vietnam. Isn't it much like in Laos, that what they're really trying to prevent is foreigners staying with local ladies they aren't married to? I've never had the impression that these restrictions are enforced as far as gays are concerned, in both countries.

The only thing I've been cautioned about is that I shouldn't stay with a Vietnamese at their house or apartment, because they're supposed to register you with the police, most likely don't know the procedure and then might end up getting into trouble. I've declined a number of invitations because of this, but I prefer staying at a hotel anyway.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...