Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saigon still into gay life there

Liked

Saigon still into gay life there

Will visit Saigon on business again next month and wonder if things going good there...any good life
    in bars coffee shops or saunas?
    love to hear from you guys about Vietnam

Liked

Re: Saigon still into gay life there

Saigon is really turning into something special. Lot's of younger people moving there from all over to work on tech startup companies. Many co-working spaces, cool cafes. Gay culture still takes a bit of work to find, but that's fine with me. Club scene always changing, but plenty to do in District 1.

Liked

I stay in Dist 1 since my office is there..but just wonder the streets and that is about it...maybe a coffee shop now and then.
    Just wondered where to go and what to do for gay life..most of the Vietnam guys are shy...guess they are scared old mama will
    find out they are out getting it on with another man..no just kidding.
    Gayromeo is good but I find most of them are "money boys'..thanks for any info from you nice guys here.

Liked

During previous visits to Saigon, I found the Jack'd and GuySpy apps very useful. I found some great guys there, and I didn't encounter as many money boys as on GayRomeo. I also didn't have much luck chatting up guys in the street, they do seem to be quite shy/reserved.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group.

Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart or play them at their own game by booking a family room with 2 big beds (or 1 big, 1 small) and make 1 look like its been slept in.

Its like a fucking time warp.

Liked

I stayed at the Caravelle hotel and the policy there was any visitor to your room had to be out by 9pm.
    So it's still possible if you want to bring a guy back, but you have to run the gauntlet of straight visitors and family groups. Could be uncomfortable in the lift.

Liked

Yes, a447 - that's what I meant, essentially NO overnight guests.

Here is extract from A&EM policy (relevant because they have 9 or 10 hotels in Saigon)

Please note that hotel policy requires foreign guests checking in with a local to produce a marriage certificate upon arrival at the hotel. Kindly contact the hotel's front desk for further information.

So, say myself and BF (Viet) - we cannot have a double room. We can have a TWIN room (hardly ideal), or play a game by taking a family room at extra cost.

From looking on lots of booking websites, this policy is replicated across the board (almost!)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was under the impression that it wasn't the / any particular hotels policy by their choice but by law - is that not the case ???

Liked

Strictly speaking, yes - in the same way as prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

Liked

They have the same govt policy in Laos but that didn't stop me bringing a guy back to my hotel. I tried to sneak him past reception but as soon as we got into the room, I got a phone call asking me to send the guy to reception do they could check his ID.

I was under the impression that these laws refer to guys bringing back local women, not guys.