Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Boys closed

Liked

Good Boys closed

I just heard that the mamasan of Good Boys was taken away by the police and the bar is now closed.
    I hope it's only temporary, as I've had lots of fun there, especially on my last trip. In fact lots of farangs were also enjoying themselves . I liked the mamasan - he was always very welcoming. Then again, I guess he would be considering the bar's takings every night. It was doing a roaring business.
    Anyone got any further info??

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Good Boys closed

"Roaring business" that's funny don't know when you were here but roaring it's not. I have seen bars closed, owners arrested and a couple of days later all is back to normal so no need to panic.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I was there a couple of weeks ago and reported on it then. There were times when no guys were available, as they were "busy" behind the screens.

And of course you're right - nobody's panicking; all be return to normal after the usual "arrangements" have been made.

I just wonder what the mama-san was arrested for; it's not as though they have any guys of dubious age working there. The all seemed to be in their twenties and not a gay guy in sight. Rough street trade, more like it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As the guys who work the bar aren't exactly subtle in their sales pitch as you walk past them in the Soi perhaps someone has taken more notice then before and have now decided it's time for a "rate" review.

Although I can never understand why such matters are not just discussed over a cup of coffee rather than the full on hard fist approach. Although I guess maybe it was and subtle discussions previously ignored hence the belief in the need for some firmer remedial action perhaps.

Or I guess that there's also a chance that shock horror an actual alledged offence may have been committed by someone and that it's actually being properly investigated ! An outside chance I know but I guess it is a remote possibility ? Lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I just wonder what the mama-san was arrested for; it's not as though they have any guys of dubious age working there. The all seemed to be in their twenties and not a gay guy in sight. Rough street trade, more like it.

Good point! The bar might have nothing to do with it. Another board says the bar was open again last night.

Liked

I'm new to the board but have been reading posts here for some time.

On another board it was mentioned that the name of the mamasan was "Nui". I haven't been to Thailand for a couple of years now but I did use to know somebody of that name. He used to work in another bar, though, so now I'm wondering if it's the same guy who got in trouble or if it's somebody else.

So.. does anybody know anything about the mamasan from Good Boys?

Also, has Good Boys turned into a beer bar? When I was there last it used to be a go-go bar.

Liked

is it actually worth thinking about it at all! i could give you a long list of what corrupt bib could come up with for arresting mamasan, hello if you havent noticed TIT! lets not forget also until theres solid evidence, do we actually know for sure the mama been nicked? again it will or may not come out in the wash soon.
    perhaps there was a half smoked cigarette left outside on the soi & not swept up for days, so they decided to arrest the mamasan?
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Shuee
    is it actually worth thinking about it at all! i could give you a long list of what corrupt bib could come up with for arresting mamasan, hello if you havent noticed TIT! lets not forget also until theres solid evidence, do we actually know for sure the mama been nicked? again it will or may not come out in the wash soon.
    perhaps there was a half smoked cigarette left outside on the soi & not swept up for days, so they decided to arrest the mamasan?

It "won't come out in the wash"' that is all included in the arrangement made.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Eisbaer
    Also, has Good Boys turned into a beer bar? When I was there last it used to be a go-go bar.
    Yes, about two years ago. I went during its gogo times, boys were ok, but I didn't like them wearing street trousers instead of only underwear.

Liked

That mamasaan is a snake. I must have had 3 or 4 hundred drinks in his old and new bar. He's had some really nice looking and we'll hung working there over the years but all he cares about is money.

I had a drink with a gay guy who used to work there years ago and whilst we were sitting there, the mamasaan made the obscene gesture( poking your tongue against side of mouth like giving head), when my friend was looking away. Making him look like a sex object. Of course he was in a way to me,but also a friend who I respect. I did not appreciate that.

Fortunately now they all appear to be of legal age there.