Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visa Help requested - letter of employment

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Visa Help requested - letter of employment

Probably would be easier to just head to the internet shop for a little copy and paste using
    their printer.

Liked

Can you MARRY HIM?
    Get a Fiance Visa?

Not sure what your laws are in your country...
    but after 10+ years knowing him...
    Maybe time to get married ???

Just a thought...

tj
    Tj

Liked

How about finding a job and getting a genuine letter of employment? Finding a job should be no problem, but the intention to take a holiday (a long holiday shortly after starting work) has to be discussed with the employer. As far as I know, there is no entitlement to holiday in the first year of work.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    What you consider fraud - i consider a "white lie"
    Yeah, well, tell that to a judge in a Thai courtroom and see what happens. "it wasn't fraud your majesty, just a little white lie". I'm sure that will go over well.

Go download a torrent of Photoshop or something, and make a fraudulent letter yourself, instead of asking a business and its owner to put their name, immigration status, and freedom on the line so you can bring your BF over to Ireland for a visit.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's really a moot point.
    Nobody in their right mind would falsify documents for another poster. Really very silly to even ask

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    What you consider fraud - i consider a "white lie"
    Yeah, well, tell that to a judge in a Thai courtroom and see what happens.
    The Thai court system would have zero to do with anything discussed here.
    Colmx's boyfriend is applying for a visa to visit Ireland, so It's the Irish justice system he should be watching out for.
    For the use of a fraudulent document Colmx's boyfriend would be the one in jeopardy of (1) failing his visa application ... or, even worse, (2) if he actually made it to Irish soil and then found out, being deported and possibly black-balled, possibly permanently.

A very very bad idea all 'round, in my opinion.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

But if the Irish govt actually followed up with the Thai "employer", discovered it was fraudulent, wouldn't they maybe drop a quick note to the Thai police to let them know a company is handing out fraudulent records of employment?

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

But if the Irish govt actually followed up with the Thai "employer", discovered it was fraudulent, wouldn't they maybe drop a quick note to the Thai police to let them know a company is handing out fraudulent records of employment?
    Remember, this is all a nonsensical paper exercise by the Irish embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

They will basically check if the paperwork looks reasonably plausible, and if they discover any anomalies, they will just refuse the visa. I think the likelihood of a probably overworked Visa-processing section contacting the Thai police about this is extremely remote.

It would be interesting to see what law could possibly be in place in Thailand regarding making it illegal to provide a separate sovereign government with incorrect information (obviously easy for me to say from my PC in Dublin!)

If the Irish embassy in Kuala Lumpur do any check at all, I imagine it might be to call the Thai phone number provided to see if (a) it works and (b) it is answered by somebody who knows about the letter. Which is why doing a photo-shop job might not work.

Best of luck with your search for help, Colmx.

Liked

... much more likely that the Thai police would totally ignore it, and then proceed to gather money from the 'employer' for ignoring it.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

If the Irish office in KL is really that unreasonable, he could consider applying for a UK tourist visa instead. That would allow him transit to Ireland without additional documentation.

"As and from 18 November 2013 nationals of Thailand may avail of the Irish Short-stay Visa Waiver. This Programme allows visitors who hold UK short stay visas and who have travelled through the UK to travel on to Ireland without the need to apply for a separate Irish visa.
    All holder of the UK short stay visas must enter and leave from the UK once."