List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The tourist police in Pattaya............

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The tourist police in Pattaya............

The thread on the raid in Diamond Pub mentions that it was the tourist police who made the raid and the arrest...
    It would take just a couple of tourist police to be stationed within a few metres of Diamond Pub to severly reduce the numbers of
    underage children who flock to this soi and the surrounding area.. For a long time there was a curfew in effect and it worked, but
    after a few months , the heat was off and slowly the children returned and every week they seem even younger and younger..
    It is so blatant sometimes, that it looks like there must be an elementary school around as there are so many children on the streets, on
    the motorbikes, sitting whereever there is a place to rest and all ready to give it up for some easy money..

There have been times when I have seen flagrant and disturbing scenes with extrememly obese or elderly farangs with tiny tots in their arms and on
    their laps.. sometimes I don't understand the complete lack of shame on the farangs part or their complete lack of fear of police or social condemnation..
    The worst bar is next to Diamond and whil
    e some hide behind the plants, it is truly outrageous and incredibly stupid thing for the
    farangs to do...
    Well, my friends, now we know that if you call the Tourist Police on your mobile tel.#1155, I believe, and report flagrant child rapists operating
    in the open, there is a chance that they will get to see the living hells called prisons in Thailand..My guess is that someone called the tourist
    police and was the cause of the raid.. Now , none of us can stand on high moral ground, when we know that all we have to do is report the child
    rapists, using our mobiles phones to stop the abuse, stop the raping, stop the sickness from growing and infesting ... 1155!!! 1155!! Watch out!!!

Yes, I think Sunnee would be enhanced if the underaged thing was stopped, but until there is a real crackdown on the business owners involved, in other words, as long as there is money in it, not too optimistic.

Most of us have seen the surreal visions of 300 pound farangs with tots in their laps, and it makes an interesting postcard, but I seriously doubt that behavior is technically illegal. Shameless yes. I think the law comes into play when police find a farang naked in a room etc. ... not sitting fully clothed in a cafe ...

Why dont they have something like in BKK outside DJ station? ID checkpoints!

Liked

Re: The tourist police in Pattaya............

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    The worst bar is next to Diamond and will some hide behind the plants, it is truly outrageous and incredibly stupid thing for the farangs to do...
    From the other post I assume that Diamond is the old Amigo. So which is the other bar you are referring to

Liked
    Quote: "There have been times when I have seen flagrant and disturbing scenes with extrememly obese or elderly farangs with tiny tots in their arms and on their laps.."

I merely ask why the writer considers the scenes involving "extrememly [sic.] obese or elderly farangs" any more "disturbing" (and so worth picking out in particular) than those involving slim or young foreigners?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Why dont they have something like in BKK outside DJ station? ID checkpoints!
    I'm not sure that it even needs to go that far -- just the occasional patrol by the police should already be enough of a deterrent (assuming that they actually do something when they see young children in bars!).

I also hope that the underage problem in Sunee gets cleaned up -- there are a handful of pubs in that neighbourhood that I quite enjoy, but I am loathe to frequent them if that means being tarred with the same brush as those going for the underage kids.

[quote="mumbaighost
    I'm not sure that it even needs to go that far -- just the occasional patrol by the police should already be enough of a deterrent (assuming that they actually do something when they see young children in bars!). .[/quote]

Have I got the right board or was it elsewhere I read it?

Was there not a poster many months ago who worked with one of the NGO's and was involved with the Pattaya Child Protection office who was able to give details as to how the kids picked up in these raids were helped?

Reading the original post I know know why my trips to Pattaya are so infrequent and usually under pressure from freinds who want to see ther city.

poster

DELETED

Liked

Elaborate Advertising

Obviously place like this cannot open advertise their wares. Could it be that this arrest and the associated newspaper report is a form of advertising. If the place is owned by an official who will get just a "slap on the wrist" what damage is done to the business? But when the place is named with it's location and distributed to internation news organizations, won't it simply attract a greater number of "fat?" farangs to illegal activities.

For a deterrent, why not concentrate news reports on those convicted and what their life is like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice

Have I got the right board or was it elsewhere I read it?
    Not sure but I haven't seen that post

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice

Reading the original post I know know why my trips to Pattaya are so infrequent and usually under pressure from freinds who want to see ther city.
    There are good and bad sides to Pattaya -- some very nice neighbourhoods, pleasant atmosphere, and it is always lovely to be by the sea (even if I would not swim in it...). Even Sunee has some charming little pubs. But you have hit the nail on the head with your comment -- the few nasty places that pimp children ruin the image of the entire community, including those nice places who don't deserve such an image.