Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosaic in Pattaya

Liked

Mosaic in Pattaya

In years past I always stayed at Howard's Guest House and enjoyed my stay there. This year that is not an option so I am looking for a new place to stay. I am leaning towards the Mosaic Apartments. Can anyone tell me if I can get clean towels there every day or do I have to buy my own? Also what is the worst case scenario for a months worth of electricity. Thanks of any advise or alternatives.

Liked

Re: Mosaic in Pattaya

I recommend all my friends to stay here but it is in demand so you cannot wait and think about it.

Here is the direct link
    http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/roomrates.html

This page gives the room rate at the bottom.

Mosaik is not a hotel but condo units. You can get clean linen daily, every few days or as you require, but pay extra for it.

The small studio condos are cramped but that is your decision. A lot of people ask for an electric fan to use rather that rely on the aircon.

Superb location but dont hesitate.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Hi Topforthai,

I have stayed at Mosaik many times over the years. As a matter of fact, I am checking in next week.

If I recall correctly, you get towels every day if youтАЩre staying on a daily rate and weekly. I recall them giving me towels every other day as a monthly guest. Lonelywombat is correct about not waiting to think about booking this at Mosaik. The one-bedroom units are quite comfortable and spacious. I have never stayed in the studio but I have been told that are certainly tight quarters.

Depending on your electricity usage (air conditioning/bathing/cooking/lights/etc.) your utility charges (water also) can be a shocker at check-out. It is usually still cheaper than staying at a full service hotel.

Best of luck on your accommodations.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

I stayed in Mosaik for 16 days, fifteen months ago( Dec 2012/Jan 2013) in a one bedroom "deluxe." I liked it a lot and enthusiastically recommend it. I looked up my receipt. I paid 1861 baht for electricity; that's not "worst-case"--I turned off the AC when I went out, and usually when I was asleep at night--fans were enough. I did some cooking, but not a lot. I never thought twice about the electric-- I used whatever, whenever I wanted, and was not at all dismayed by the final bill. I paid 95 baht for water--negligible. Clean towels only came with a room cleaning, which I got only when I asked for it--200 baht. Buying a couple towels might be a good idea. I see I was charged 110 baht for "housekeeping"--I simply don't remember what that was about. I was also charged 300 baht for "last day service"--self-explanatory. The staff were all pleasant, helpful, professional, easy to deal with. I paid my (estimated) bill a day or two before I left, to forestall any unpleasant surprises while my taxi was waiting on my last day. The total was almost exactly what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from (Nong?) shortly before I left--I had overpaid by 250 baht and should stop in the office for a refund before I left. A nice, classy, well-run, wonderfully convenient place, highly recommended. By the way, their laundry was very good, reliable and cheap too.

Liked

Good information so far. I too miss Howards guesthouse. Was a perfect location with a perfect setup.

For Mosaic, if you are visiting in low season, check agoda website. Sometimes Mosaic lists rooms there and it may be more like a hotel setup with daily cleaning, if booked that way...check the rate rules and such to be sure.

I found the mosaic beds to be way too hard...like sleeping on cement. I have heard others make this comment as well. Just FYI in case this will be an issue for you. Toward the end of my 1 week stay there, I was sleeping on the sofa...and not because of fights with BF. LOL Mosaic is in a great location and very well run with great staff and such.

Baan Dak Mai is a good alternative. Small guesthouse in the same area near tukcom. http://www.baandm.com/
    Warrick is the owner and is a good host. I stayed there during my last visit and it was very nice. Beds much more comfortable. It is a small place, so no 24 hour reception, etc. if that is important to you.

There are several options in Sunee as well, but the only one I have experience with is the former Don Plaza, now called Elephant. More of a full service hotel setup instead of guesthouse.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Anon, just so you know - and as you know I totally agreed with you re the beds in Mosaik but on my last trip was pleasantly surprised that they "seemed" a lot softer, now I'm not sure if this was my back had toughened us or just the beds had gotten a lot more use to loosen them up a bit but either way I found them ok last time - just in case it's a deal breaker for you ever going back there again yourself.

I had actuky told Nong I wouldn't be coming back if he put me somewhere with those same new mattresses and I'm wondering has he perhaps put my in an older matressed room, either way it was if not great by "ok" last time, just so you know - mind you having a few other bodies sharing it at the same time also worked wonders for lossening it up too so if all else fails you could always try that I guess :-)

Liked

Thanks for the mattress update NIrish. I wouldn't mind trying Mosaic again, but I do like to have daily service. Probably not worth it for my short trips, though I will check agoda to see if they have any deals on offer.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I don't think you need worry about the beds as chances are if you plan to come anywhere close to high season none will be available.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Some time ago I was advised on this forum to check the condo's start and finish at the electricity meter, which are on every floor. They will show it to you.

You will be amazed a lot of people who book there leave the aircon running in both rooms for 24 hours, and often have the patio doors left wide open as well all day.

If you are paying for your electricity then don't complain.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thank you all for your kind reply and advise.