Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers Trip Report

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dodgers Trip Report

Hi you maniacs.

Well, IтАЩm finally able to jot down the highlights of my last holiday. IтАЩve been home for 2 months already but my work assignments have been fast and furious with no real time for reflecting back or writing about my escapades as I normally do a few days after returning from these adventures.

My previous holiday (back in October to December) of last year was consumed with enjoying the company of 3 different non-working boys. One who I met during a friendтАЩs house warming party up in Kalisin, another who goes to school in Rayong and a short fling with a a guy who works as a waiter at a hotel up in North Pattaya. I didnтАЩt frequent the gogoтАЩs or beer bars near as much as in the past and felt content with the company I was keeping with a few fun side trips along the way.

This past holiday was one for the record books: IтАЩll start by saying that I did not off a single boy during my 3 month adventure. Sound crazy? Yep, I know it doesтАжIтАЩm still pinching myself.

I started chatting with a boy on GayRomeo last January (just after my return from the previous holiday) and we hit it off from the start. In true Dodger fashion I wasted absolutely no time whatsoever becoming completely captivated and enchanted with this mystery guest and just had to meet him. Our initial messages on GR were short and casual. His profile stated that he was looking for friends or a possible relationship with guys under 40 years old. That of course put me at a great disadvantage from the start which I openly confessed to him in my very first message to him. He seemed inclined to continue chatting with me more and more as time went forward. By mid-February our short weekly chats transitioned to longer daily chats. By the end of March we wanted to meet each other.

I called him (IтАЩll refer to him as Sai) at his home in Buriram two days after arriving in LOS as planned. He hopped the bus and arrived in Pattaya the next afternoon. The first time I saw him he was standing in front of Tukcom holding a small back pack and wearing tight jeans, loose fitting colorful t shirt and a fedora hat. He is tall for a Thai, very slim, with bushy brown hair and as cute as they come. He appeared to be very apprehensive in his body movements as I approached him тАУ and I was paranoid that my age would be a turn off from the start. We shook hands тАУ exchanged smiles, and he rather abruptly asked me to take him to my place as he was very tired from the long ride.

Saying that Sai is a little shy would be a gross understatement as he is the shyest person I have ever been with. Initially our intent was to spend a day or two together as I had plans to visit the boy I met up in Kalasin and had also received a call from the boy in Rayong wanting to know why I hadnтАЩt called him yet as we had planned to get together again during his break from school. Days turned to weeksтАжweeks turned to monthsтАжand never once did it enter either of our minds to separate. I can sense Smiles crushing that plastic drinking glass in his hands as I speakтАж555
    Sai is a schooled fashion designer who designs and makes couture womenтАЩs dresses in his home work shop in Buriram which he then rents and/or sells at 3 different local shops in Buriram. Fashion design is his true passion and he spends hours on end painting colorful and ornate womenтАЩs clothing using water colors. He is also a great movie buff and knows every single western movie star from Charlie Chaplin to Captain Jack Sparrow with a deep and insightful photogenic memory. He is a homebody to the max. He doesnтАЩt like bars or shows and doesnтАЩt drink or smoke. His second passion is something I will to avoid describing in any great detail тАУ but will add that his second passion is as colorful and ornate as his paintings and last for hours on end, thus the reason I never had any inclination to be with anyone else.

We both seemed to master the art of compromise simultaneously. He would pretend that he enjoyed my guitar playing and I would pretend that I enjoyed listening to him talk about the art of hand-stitching sequins on dresses. We would spend 2 hours deliberating over the selection a new movie at Tukcom тАУ and never once made it half way through a movie without turning the lights out and ending up on the bed. The next day we were back at Tukcom and the whole process started over againтАжit was hilarious.

We talk on the phone dailyтАжexchange pics (colorful and ornate) in the daily e:mails we exchange with each otherтАжand count the days till my return where we will pick up where we left off.

This holiday was also focused on pre-retirement planning (which is still a few years up-the-road) and I was able to secure the health insurance information I needed and then purchased a condo which I will be remodeling a bit at a time. I purchased a 42 sqm studio in Bang Saray which will be a great place to hang my hat one day. Just 25 minutes from PTY, Bang Saray (for those who have not visited it) resembles Pattaya back in the early sixties when it was still a sleepy fishing village. It offers a long beautiful beach front, clean water for swimming (what a concept), hundreds of ancient looking Thai fishing boats tethered to equally ancient looking wooden piers, with lots of shirtless boys manning the netsтАжouououlala.
    The backdrop to Bang Saray are mountains referred to as the Sattahip Highlands which provide the dividing line between BS and the Thai naval base which is just on the other side of the mountain range. My studio has a mountain view within walking distance to the Thai Naval gated entrance which you can enter with an ID card and enjoy the full use of the thousands of acres of land owned by the Thai military. This may sound a bit boring to some, but there is a swimming pool, beach, 18 hole golf course and stocked fishing lake on the property that is for everyoneтАЩs use тАУ not only all those 18 year old Navy recruitsтАжHmmmm !!!

There are no gogo bars or gay host bars in BS which IтАЩm sure is a turn off for many (here anyway) but it offers some great seafood restaurants at half the cost of PTY and several good farang restaurants as well. I have friends who visit BS just to eat a meal тАУ and others who enjoy chatting with the fishing boys on the docks many of which are Cambodian. The pace is much slower than PTY and the motorbike drivers are actually courteous тАУ a true phenomenon for Thailand. I plan to buy a small boat when I retire for the purpose of fishing the numerous small islands which are close to the shores of BS, as well as taking trips to Pattaya Beach. Why bother riding my motorbike down Sukumvit Road (the Highway to Hell) when I can cruise along the shore in my bare feet (splish-splash).

I enjoyed my daily breakfasts and lounging time at Two Guys Guest House as always. If you havenтАЩt been there тАУ stop by some time. We have a regular gathering of fellow adventurers in the morning hours which sometimes last for hours.

I also enjoyed running into old friends, John 2GтАЩs owner, Big Mike (U Turn Bar Manager), Ilene from Scotland, Jamie U.S., Undaunted Expat, Colmx, Chris UK, Mark UK, Roger Austrailia and the esteemed members of the Fine Dining Society.

Sunee, as IтАЩm sure most of you are ware has been dwindling at a pretty constant pace which of course is the source of great disappointment to many including myself. I miss тАЬthe old daysтАЭ terribly but understand that life moves forward never backwards and all things change. One thing that will never change is the availability of boys in Thailand. The venues change тАУ but the availability doesnтАЩt. Another thing that will never change is тАЬMeтАЭ.

All-in-all, a great holiday.

Cheers

Liked

Re: Dodgers Trip Report

Ding-dong, do I hear wedding bells once again?

Liked: 1

Well I will be getting to LOS in another month staying at 2 Guys. Should be interesting getting to meet some of the people form here on the board. I did a few years ago and it was quite interesting and motley crew.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks Dodger, a great read and good luck to you!

Liked

What, no wedding this time?!

Seriously though, nice report, looks like you had a great time again!
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Great report!

I head to Thailand Wednesday.... I hope I have half the fun you had
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Great report!
    I head to Thailand Wednesday.... I hope I have half the fun you had)
    Well well ... so do I. On Wednesday! What a coincidence.

So Buck, in case we're at the airport at the same time (stiff odds that one, but ...), how will I recognize you? :ymhug: :-s
    If 'coincidence' manages to go full circle we'd be happy to give you a ride downtown, seeing how you are taxi-stressed.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

You are very kind smiles. I will be happy to accept a handshake and a welcoming hug, but while I am in Thailand I want to take time to smell the roses and that includes catching a taxi or taking the train. For me my adventure begins when I board the plane and I want to enjoy every bit of my 22 hour flight, the long walk from the plane to the immigration desk, the joy of finding my luggage and the adventure of catching a taxi and watching the building pass my window on the ride to my hotel. I don't want to miss a thing.

I do appreciate the offer and would expect no less from a class act such as yourself.
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That must be the politest "no thanks I don't think so" ever :-)

10. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 20th, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    So Buck, in case we're at the airport at the same time (stiff odds that one, but ...), how will I recognize you?.
    The Look, mate, The Look!!