Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Muang Airport

Liked

Don Muang Airport

hi everyone
    getting closer to my june visit
    i was wondering how far is the Don Muang Airport from the malasia hotel.
    I will be getting a taxi, how long should i give myself for the journey

thanks
    paperboy

Liked

Re: Don Muang Airport

Not sure why you are asking about the journey time from the airport paperboy. Usually members are more concerned about the journey time back to the airport to catch their flight home. But to answer your question, it all depends on the time of your arrival. But, as a rule of thumb, IтАЩd allow about 1 hour.

If you are in a hurry, IтАЩd ask the taxi driver to take the expressway (bpai taang duan kr├бp in Thai) and pay the toll charges. I paid 110 baht in toll charges in January 2014 when I used Don Muang Airport. ThatтАЩs slightly higher than the 70 baht I normally pay from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Have fun!
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

thanks jellybean

Liked

I was living close to Don Muang Airport.

Distance to Malaysia about 20 km, at night it takes 30 minutes or even less, during daytime 1 hour or more (both normal roads).

Once I went by expressway during daytime, about 30 minutes (20 minutes on expressway, but detours and traffic jam to get on and off the expressway).

Liked

are there airport buses from don muang to the silom area?

Liked

There is a dedicated bus from Don Muang to Mor Chit, Chatuchak BTS/MRT station, 30 baht. At Mor Chit take the BTS or Underground MRT train to Silom, Lumpini(Sala Daeng). This trip cost approx. 40 baht taking less than 30 minutes. From Sala Daeng, Lumpini, take a taxi to nearby Malaysia hotel.

Liked

Arriving at DM after a long flight, to then subject oneself to struggling on and off buses, up and down stairs with all one's matched luggage and hat boxes, is bordering on masochism for the sake of saving on a $15 taxi fare.

At this rate I'm sure someone will eventually suggest that the OP walks to the Malaysia Hotel. My money is on Christianpfc

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    At this rate I'm sure someone will eventually suggest that the OP walks to the Malaysia Hotel. My money is on Christianpfc
    I won't go that far, but from Lumpini MRT he might as well walk it in from there.
    Lumpini Station is past Ngan Duplee as you get off the freeway or if you are getting off the MRT at Lumpini from Don Muang via Mo Chit / Chatuchak Park.
    Traffic runs the opposite direction on Rama IV and so you'd have to walk back to Ngan Duplee, against traffic and hope for an empty cab in to the Malaysia (not far)...or catch an available cab in the far left lane of Rama IV and come around and in the back way, by Babylon and the Consulates.

A cab from Don Muang is your best bet.

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by orson
    are there airport buses from don muang to the silom area?
    There are three regular buses:

29 goes along Phaya Thai road and Rama IV near Sam Yan MRT (Walking distance to Surawong and Silom) and then to Hua Lampong,
    (but some of buses of line 29 only go to Victory Monument, destination is written on the bus in the front window)
    187 goes along Phaya Thai road and Surawong
    504 goes to Silom

(I used all of the above lines several times for similar trips.)

Depending on traffic, it might save an hour or more if you change to BTS or MRT at Chatuchak/Mor Chit.

Liked

Honestly, I cannot believe this over-complicated (Christian take a valium and go lie down) navel-gazing over what should be a no brainer: i.e. an easy taxi ride from Don Muang to the Malaysia Hotel.
    The taxi fare is nowhere near $15 (as mentioned above) ... 6 or 7 bucks will get you there.
    Good lord ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand