Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fluctuating cost of beer in Bangkok Bars

Liked

Re: The fluctuating cost of beer in Bangkok Bars

There is one place I go for the weekends that charge 30 dollars. They give you free beer all weekend till the dance club closes and no I won't tell you the name of the place but they can be found in pinsilvania.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Now be honest They give you free beer for $30 . Tell us about the floor show. naked boys, boys jacking off, boys fucking boys and their partners walking around for tips.

EXCITING but it is not a go go boy bar.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Okay... Washington, D.C. Gogo bars... The price for beer is $5 as was the mixed drink I had.
    If memory serves me right, I was paying about the same price back in the 80's at other gogo bars in DC
    Well, if that's the case, they either have a different business model or clientele than the gogo bars in Bangkok. It's pretty clear that the high price for a drink in a Bangkok gogo bar is meant as a "cover charge" or "entrance fee" to watch the show and/or ogle at the stable of boys. With an understanding that most patrons will have just one drink during their stay. It's a good question what would actually happen if they charged much less. Would people stay longer, drink more and also buy more drinks for the boys, ultimately leading to more money for the bar? Or would the stingy patrons who nurse one drink and then disappear without offing a boy have the upper hand? Hard to say, but I'd guess the bars fear the latter.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    With an understanding that most patrons will have just one drink during their stay. It's a good question what would actually happen if they charged much less. Would people stay longer, drink more and also buy more drinks for the boys, ultimately leading to more money for the bar? Or would the stingy patrons who nurse one drink and then disappear without offing a boy have the upper hand? Hard to say, but I'd guess the bars fear the latter.
    This seems to me someone who wants to look at the goods on offer and pay one drink. Does not want to pay for an off and wants to search for a boy on line.
    Absolute rubbish. you must be going broke or losing your marbles.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Bucky, did anything in Thailand or the US become cheaper over the years? (Rhethorical question, priced do not fluctuate, they rise.)

If you don't want to pay 300 Baht for a drink (and I'm with you in this aspect), wait for specials (200 Baht drink, 300 Baht off-fee) in X-Size, or go to Soi 6 or Saphan Kwai bar where drinks cost about 150 Baht or go to Pattaya.

Recent overview of drink prices on my blog: http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2014/03 ... -bars.html
    (would be grateful for others to fill the gaps).

When I go to a bar (rarely in Bangkok, regularly in Pattaya) and find a boy I like, then I take him off. Firstly, I don't want to wait until he finishes work and secondly, it's not fair to them, to let them be at their workplace (idle with no customer) and then come after work to get them to work. Leave those boys their spare time and off them! Thirdly, I want them now and here, that's why I go to bars for moneyboys, on gayromeo I look mainly for non-moneyboys.

Liked

I've adapted to the soi twilight pricing. In past visits I use to spend about 3000 baht a night bar hopping. The prices shot up and now I spend an average of 1000 baht bar hopping.

The price increase saved me money haha
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Buckaway is right about the price of beer in the USA. It was about $5.00 in the 80's at the bars in DC and the last time I was there you could still get a beer for about $5.00 in the gogo bars. The price of food is about the same as in Thailand for Western type fare. Electricity is about half or less in cost than in Thailand. I can cool a 2500 Sq. ft. house for under $150 a month in the middle of summer and we never turn off the AC like they do in Thailand. The air and heat stay on all day even when we are not at home. The only thing cheaper in Thailand for the most part is labor.

Liked

I still haven┬┤t understood why logically a beer in the boybars need to cost 350-400 baht, when a beer in the girlie gogo-bars just across the soi cost a 80-200 baht maximum...

Liked

Oh for Christ's sake rtu55 - don't tell them that!

You'll have some of our esteemed members crossing the Soi now to look at fanny with their beer instead of cock, so they can save 200B

:ymparty:

Liked

Just outside the Showbars & Boybars in soi Twilight are Beerbars(Kiosks) that sell beer cheaply, but you don't get to see guys in underwear parading on stage.