I be back in Thailand in April. I'm wondering if the drink prices have gone up or gone down? Did the price hike turn out to be the cash boon that bar owners hoped it would be? Or did the high prices cost them in bottom line yearly profits?

When I first came to Thailand the cost of a drink about about 250 baht. The cost of a beer here in the USA at a popular dance club in the city where I live was $4 USD. Now the cost of a drink in Bangkok is 300 to 400 baht. The cost of a beer here in the USA at a popular dance club in the city where I live is $3.

When I first started coming to Thailand, I visited many bars each night to see the shows or just to flirt with the guys, but that was when drinks were 220 to 250 baht. Now that beers start at 300 baht... I don't bar hop as I once use to. Now I will pick one or two bars I want to visit. I don't invite gogo guys over anymore. I just go and look and to see the show. Still I may tip from time to time but I don't off them. If I want to buy fun for the night I will buy i online and wait for the guy to show up at my room. Kinda like what is going on here in the USA with retail stores. We go to the retail stores to get a look at what we are interested in but we don't buy it from the store. We go home and buy it online to save a few bucks. I do the same thing in Thailand only because I don't want to reward the bars for their over aggressive price hikes.

So I am wondering. Has the bars in Sui Twilight become more or less wallet friendly?