Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Tipping when in Pattaya

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2000 and over for Massage with happy ending.

0 0%
  • 1000 to 1500 Baht for Massage with happy ending.

8 11.27%
  • 500 to 1000 Baht for Massage with happy ending.

16 22.54%
  • 250 to 500 Baht for Massage with happy ending.

1 1.41%
  • 0 to 250 Baht for Massage with happy ending.

2 2.82%
  • 1500 to 2000 baht for Massage with happy ending.

1 1.41%
  • 2000 and over for short time.

0 0%
  • 1000 to 1500 Baht for short time.

29 40.85%
  • 1500 to 2000 baht for short time.

3 4.23%
  • 250 to 500 Baht for short time.

1 1.41%
  • 500 to 1000 Baht for short time.

9 12.68%
  • 0 to 250 Baht for short time.

1 1.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk "TIPS" (2014)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Lets talk "TIPS" (2014)

most of my tips are under 1000...very rarely do i exceed that. Sure a few of the gogo bar boys ask for more..and some refuse to budge for less...but I dont care, i dont get offended, its not personal, there is so much choice..always another willing boy available.

Liked

Its funny, down below is older message from 2006 and it list the same average'tips' most here are listing as tips for 2014 . Now I know inflation has increased. I wonder how many of us are making the same amount of money as in 2006? As I have been coming to Thailand since 1998, I tip a more. I understand inflation. @-)

Liked

I wonder if the guys working in massage back in 2006 are still working massage?

I imagine the guys income fluctuates. The ones that present a more inviting experience build followers and make more money.
    Those that are just there make money are making the standard tip. Heck, even my place of employment has a starting wage that has not changed in 10 years. There is overtime and higher paying rates for higher skill levels. Seems to be the same for the guys. You want to make top dollar doing massage then you can work at the top notch massage place, open your own place and set your own rates or work more.

Hell.... When I was a kid I remember hearing talk that a BJ on the street would cost you $20 USD. Now thanks to crack I hear you can get a BJ for $2 I don't hear the crack heads complaining... =))

So far it seems the only ones complaining about the slow inflation of tips to the guys are the guys who are paying the tips and there is one way ease the soul is to tip till it hurts while everyone else continues to party. ;
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

With respects to all. I chose not to select any of the survey choices as I did not see them as relevant to me. That said .....

Why is there this fixation on the length of time a guy stays with you? Surely there should be a greater relationship between the service provided and the payment, in kind or in cash.

I took a free-lancer from Telephone and he provided me no level of service at all - it was all one-way to him, servicing his needs (mostly financial I guess ).

I tipped him B500 and refused to up the ante. When he whinged I offered to call the Front Desk, which he declined.
    Had he wanted to stay overnight (he didn't) together with a willingness to service my needs (he wasn't & didn't) I may have thought differently.
    He later stole coins from the ashtray but I "overlooked" that - until I was chatting in the bar.

While time is a consideration for a minimum rate, I think that "tips" should be earned by & geared to the level of service provided. That is the gauge we expect to use with other service providers. (Eg: a gardener, houseboy, handyman, etc) It seems to me the same applies in this sort of servitor/customer relationship.

Thoughts anyone?
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

I never pay for sex - as someone else once said (maybe on SGT) I pay them to go away afterwards. I see Bruce in his Siem Reap thread has found the inevitable inverse relationship - the more useless the boy is at sex the more enthusiastic he is to press his mobile phone number and other contact details before he heads out the door.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This poll is a great idea.... but I couldn't care less about a massage with a happy ending..... only a massage with full on sex. Also, Pattaya and Bangkok are significantly different. Also, "Long Time" is a very important missing question. Also, ranges might be better stated as "1000-1499", "1500-1999", so one choice would be obvious.

People are tipping 500-1000 for a happy ending in Pattaya!!?? No wonder they constantly try to do that..... even when I don't initiate it.... Such easy money for them! I don't tip extra unless there was full on f-ing. Happy ending is actually UNdesirable to me.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

My preference changed from long time to short time.

In my first years of coming to Thailand, I tried to get long time and take boys to daytrips, now I don't discuss in advance and just let them decide if they want to stay over night (for another round in the morning, and maybe daytrip).

Some boys sleep long (very long, record was from midnight to 3 pm, that's 15 hours), when I get up at 10, what do I do with a boy who wants to sleep until midday? Furthermore, it's difficult to find out where they would like to go and what they enjoy (one boy I have in Bangkok has never been to Pattaya and wants to go, so I will take him one day when circumstances are favorable). Many of my friends prefer to sleep long and watch TV to sightseeing during daytime, so why should I drag them along, and pay twice for everything?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If they stay long time, even tho short time is what was agreed to by both parties.... then I don't necessarily feel obligated to tip more.

I sometimes ask about "long time" price..... if I might be interested in a "long time".... but I never commit to anything more than short time.... until I get to know him a bit. Never before off-ing him the first time. In other words, first time offing him is always short time.

( I do the same thing with hotels I've never stayed at before. I book only one night..... then stay longer if I like it.... just in case I hate it. Same idea. )

But, especially in Bangkok, many refuse to do long time.... so if you want that, you had better ask about it before hand.... at least ask if it's an option or not before hand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree. Of course, the meaning of a tip is really based on service level provided. However, there is a minimum amount that is agreed to in advance ( or at least I recommend that it should be to avoid disputes later ).

They call their fee a "tip"..... but it's really their fee. Any amount more than that, is what I consider to be the real tip. Of course. It's semantics.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm a lot more structured. hate overnights so only do short time as in up to 3 hours. i always agree upfront as to the timeslot and activities. i expect him to stay, be present, be involved and service me until i release him at the agreed time. If for any reason he wants to leave early i pay him pro rata for the time spent. Occasionally they wanna leave after I've cum, thats when I have to point out that his time is not up and that we didnt agree on a single activity..i usually go back for 2nds and even 3rds.