In Thailand/Pattaya now and finding previous connection problems (True?) without having to resort to proxies now excellent. Just a brief update on accommodation.

First 3 nights I decided to enjoy a change from staying South Pattaya and gave Jomtien a try. Stayed at East Suites in Jomtien Complex and have to say the quality of the room was on a par with Mosaik. Huge 50-60? sqm room with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out to a very large balcony, nice modern shower room, sleeping area, lounging area and small kitchen area with microwave etc.. coffee/tea facilities and a very room clean room. A tad more expensive than Mosaik's sub-Bt1000 at Bt1350, but 'high season' and superior very spacious accommodation. Also excellent security with key hob door access with 2 levels of security after reception closes about 11pm. I would def stay again and highly recommend.The owner John is very helpful, I had early morning flight due in at 6.45am and early check-in offered from 9am. Also used East Suites taxi pick -up from airport and that went smoothly too.

Went to Bkk and Issan then returned to Pattaya for our usual week or so stay at Mosaik, again the high standards here same as usual, immaculate room, and interesting to find somewhere very busy despite political problems. On checking-in and finding that Nong had upgraded us free of charge from our preferred Studio Deluxe (no Prestige avail even booking 3 months ago) to a one-bed because Mosaik running at 97% capacity with many new customers virtually 100% Asian, especially Chinese, but Japanese, Korean and Hong Kong visitors also booking via online. I don't think I've come upon any apartment, guesthouse or hotel at 97% capacity even in high season pre-2008 financial crash.