List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get a rate card for these off fee?

Can I get a rate card for these off fee?

I've decided that My Way in Patong Beach has the most complex system of off fees I will ever find.

Here is a rundown:

Gogo Boy (anytime)-200bt
    Captian/Doorman-500bt
    Captian or Doorman (return by 10pm)-300 bt
    Captian or Doorman (after 1am)-300 bt
    Cabaret Peformer (when available)-500bt
    Cabaret Performer (back by first show-no sex)-200bt
    Caberet Performer (back by first show-sex)-300bt
    Cabaret Performer (after first show)-300bt
    Manager (before 12 am)-1,000 bt
    Manager (after 12am)-500bt
    Karaoke Waiter (anytime)-300bt

Of course, it all makes sense according to the needs of the bar; however, as a customer, it is always confusing when hit with with such varying off fees (especially different fees for the same position).

One of the more interesting experiences with off fees happened to me recently when me and some Thai friends came across another group of Thai boys at 230am who were just getting off work and who were on thier way to Galaxy disco (a Thai disco that is open until 6am). They asked if we wanted to come along, and we agreed. Included in this group of boys was a ladyboy cabaret performer from My Way.

On our way to the disco, we ran into Bon, the owner of My Way (by this time it was after 3am as we had stopped for drinks at another bar). The next day, he charged the ladyboy 300bt for the off fee I should have paid for her (according to his logic). Of course, I paid it for her.

However, I learned a lesson to be careful with whom I am seen with in the early morning hours after the bars have closed. Now, unless I have offed a boy or they are friends of mine, if I am going somewhere after hous and run into other boys who want to go along, I always just have my friends tell them to meet up with us at where ever we are going. That way there is no chance of any of the boys getting into trouble for being seen with a farang after hours who did not pay an off fee for them.

Pete

Liked
    Pete it seems there are a couple of prices missing from your list:-
    FAT MIDGET AUSSIE BAREBACKER, NOT WANTED BACK---Bht 25
    Fat mouthy Midget traffic warden, OFF FOR EVER----------Bht 15
    Fat ole ABBO DICK SUCKER MIDGET, FOR KEEPS--------Bht 0.05setang
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked

Re: Can I get a rate card for these off fee?

Quote Originally Posted by pete1969
    " .... One of the more interesting experiences with off fees happened to me recently when me and some Thai friends came across another group of Thai boys at 230am who were just getting off work and who were on thier way to Galaxy disco (a Thai disco that is open until 6am) ... "
    A side question Pete. Where is "Galaxy Disco"? Last time we were in Patong was April '05 and I don't recall hearing about it then.

" ... However, I learned a lesson to be careful with whom I am seen with in the early morning hours after the bars have closed ... "
    Yes .. it's a small town really, isn't it. :geek:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Where is "Galaxy Disco"?
    x-boom disco is the after hour place many go. It's off soi 6, Silom. No sign, but it's on the left and at 0230, you will see a line of young people at a door and you can hear the music from the street. It's open till 0800.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Where is "Galaxy Disco"?
    x-boom disco is the after hour place many go. It's off soi 6, Silom. No sign, but it's on the left and at 0230, you will see a line of young people at a door and you can hear the music from the street. It's open till 0800.
    yes, I am sure there is an X-Boom and a Silom Soi 6 somewhere in Patong! as for Patpong ....

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

On our way to the disco, we ran into Bon, the owner of My Way (by this time it was after 3am as we had stopped for drinks at another bar). The next day, he charged the ladyboy 300bt for the off fee I should have paid for her (according to his logic). Of course, I paid it for her.
    I'm shocked! I thought you and Khun Bon were great friends, as you grandly proclaimed to this board a few weeks ago.

Don't you think you'd be better off asking these questions of utmost cultural complexity (at least to you) to the pillars of Thai society you've proudly been associating with (Khun Bon, A-list bar-boys, wealthy ladyboys, drunk drivers, etc)? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Where is "Galaxy Disco"?
    think there is an xboom2 now as well?

Worth it?

Frankly I found very few boys in Phuket (and none in My Way) worth a second glance - too many tattoos

Of course, it all makes sense according to the needs of the bar; however, as a customer, it is always confusing when hit with with such varying off fees (especially different fees for the same position).
    Does that apply to the lady boy with sex thing? They want to know what position you go at it in--And charge accordingly? I think that's going too far!
    Next thing you know there'll be room monitors--And you will have to pay an off-fee for him too!
    All I can say is, they better be cute...and participate. :3some:

Smiles, Galaxy is a very popular disco for Thais (I'm usually the only farang) that has been there since I've been coming to Phuket. It is down a small soi not too far up from the Paradise Complex (same side going toward Bangla road). There are always a number of Paradise workers there from all the bars because there is no cover, and they have very cheap bottle prices (600bt first bottle of 100 Pipers, 400bt each one thereafter--mixers very cheap). Show at 2:30am with a number of cute boys (every gay boy in Paradise is in love with one of the guitar players).

The other popular disco at the moment is Night Station. They charge 100bt entry and their bottle prices are 200-300 bt higher across the board than Galaxy. Their show consist mostly of girls dancing on stage.They are open until at least 8am every morning. My favorite is C2 in Phuket Town. No cover, decent bottle prices (700 bt 100 Pipers--every bottle no matter how many you open). They have some very hot men in their shows. Other popular discos in Patong Beach include Banana and Crocodille, but they always have a great number of farang (I always feel like I'm on Spring Break in these places).

Homi, the majority of my offs come from My Way. Right now, the selection is not good (only about 75 boys on any given night). There are a great many boys with tatoos (always have been). However, I find there is always such a varied assortment of boys from which to choose. Right now Tangmo has several stunning boys (all with tatoos) and her usual number of lady boy go-go dancers. James Dean and Friends has a great selection of Thai country boys--there is nothing about any of them to suggest that primped and preened gay go-go boy look. I don't think a single one of them own whitening cream.

Mamasan--formerly Uncle Charlie's Boys--has a number of nice looking boys, but everything about that bar is sleazy and not in a good way (underage boys, drugs, pushy mamasans, dodgy boys). Superboys, outside the Paradise Complex, has a very nice looking group of boys also . It is at the end of a long and dark alley, and I would not go there alone. The rest of the bars all have one or two very nice looking boys (Ruby Slipper has several), but IMO, the best looking group of boys are the freelance boys at Boat Bar. I'm just not a fan of free lance boys, especially the ones in Phuket, because they are all oh-so-professional (they could get the last satang of a beggar with their charm and skill).

Pete