Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembrance of boys past

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Remembrance of boys past

Scottishguy doesn't like some posters and doesn't let the facts get in his way. But thanks minimee for your reality post.
    Of course, some posters don't like scottishguy either but we all try to co-exist with other posters, even if we think negatively
    about them. I don't expect a retraction but you never know.

Liked

Re: Remembrance of boys past

There was a time I considered Scottishguy a troll and when he was made a moderator he seemed to troll the board aggressively and spammed every thread. With him and Neal both rubbing me the wrong way I could not take it anymore and just pushed myself away from the PC and decided I would just stop posting here. He and Neal had a falling out and Neal stripped him of his moderation abilities and he left the board with the promise to never return.

When Scottishguy returned, I feared for the worst but so far he has not fully returned to his old ways and gone full tilt troll.

Right now he is not so bad, and if you skip over his negative, insulting, attacking posts most of us would understand.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee
    As for fellow posters, I for one am sure that I have changed very little in the last 5 or even 8 years. I am still the same weight, I still have all my hair and I still work out regularly.
    Same as you MiniMee; I have changed very little over the years, still old, wrinkled, fat, flabby and bald. :^O

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    There was a time I considered Scottishguy a troll ... Right now he is not so bad, and if you skip over his negative, insulting, attacking posts most of us would understand.
    I regard scottish-guy an adornment to this Board and his one-liners in particular almost always raise a chuckle. I find his rabid left-wing politics somewhat tiresome - but then I think the same about your Fox News-inspired posts bucknaway. You can always put someone on Friends or Foes rather than whining about the tenor of their posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Just how much do our esteemed members think 1000B entitles them to (I'm being generous) - the right to make derogatory comments on the boy's appearance 5/10/20 years after the event?
    If, I'm paying, yes. It's the principle (and I use that word advisedly) at stake; no point in haggling over the price. Actually, I'll make derogatory comments even if I'm not paying. There's a woman in my office who's a real heifer. You could be crushed to death between her thighs. The gay mafia on the staff all know what I think about her appearance.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee
    As for fellow posters, I for one am sure that I have changed very little in the last 5 or even 8 years. I am still the same weight, I still have all my hair and I still work out regularly.
    Same as you MiniMee; I have changed very little over the years, still old, wrinkled, fat, flabby and bald. :^O
    And one of the kindest posters to be found on the internet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    There was a time I considered Scottishguy a troll ... Right now he is not so bad, and if you skip over his negative, insulting, attacking posts most of us would understand.
    I regard scottish-guy an adornment to this Board and his one-liners in particular almost always raise a chuckle. I find his rabid left-wing politics somewhat tiresome - but then I think the same about your Fox News-inspired posts bucknaway. You can always put someone on Friends or Foes rather than whining about the tenor of their posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Just how much do our esteemed members think 1000B entitles them to (I'm being generous) - the right to make derogatory comments on the boy's appearance 5/10/20 years after the event?
    If, I'm paying, yes. It's the principle (and I use that word advisedly) at stake; no point in haggling over the price. Actually, I'll make derogatory comments even if I'm not paying. There's a woman in my office who's a real heifer. You could be crushed to death between her thighs. The gay mafia on the staff all know what I think about her appearance.

Long ago I have stopped talking politics on sex forums. But you are right about my Fox News viewing. I'm watching it as I type this reply

(Side note.. Sorry for taking part in hijacking a thread that was enjoyable and interesting. It will be interesting to see if this forum will be moderated or if a threads will be allowed to go so far off the trail to the point that even the OP wants no part of it and is shy to waste their time in creating a new thread knowing that it too will be destroyed and allowed to be destroyed.)

Long ago I have stopped talking politics on sex forums.
    Politics is all about how we prioritise our social, economic and legal interactions. It's unavoidable unless you're discussing how far up the arse of last night's rent boy you got. Even then, since he's a rent boy there's economic and legal perspectives so to say you don't discuss politics on sex boards logically can't be true. You may not overtly be discussing politics but that's all, and if some prude like Beachlover comes along and talks about how disgusting it is that older guys buy sex with younger guys -or scotty on whether or not it is poltically correct to criticise the fading charms of someone whose body we once hired - then we're back to discussing politics :ymdevil:

Liked

As any observer will know - I'm always willing to discuss politics

:ymdevil:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There was a time I considered Scottishguy a troll and when he was made a moderator he seemed to troll the board aggressively and spammed every thread. With him and Neal both rubbing me the wrong way I could not take it anymore and just pushed myself away from the PC and decided I would just stop posting here. He and Neal had a falling out and Neal stripped him of his moderation abilities and he left the board with the promise to never return.

When Scottishguy returned, I feared for the worst but so far he has not fully returned to his old ways and gone full tilt troll.

Right now he is not so bad, and if you skip over his negative, insulting, attacking posts most of us would understand.
    I'd forgotten his days as asshole buddy/moderator for Neal. Thanks Bucky, I forgot why I didn't
    like him and how much I despised his claptrap one liners and piss poor moderation.
    I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and move on. Any active poster will have other posters
    who think they're scumbags and lowlifes. Some of my detractors have rotted away and
    turned into ashes but some always remain. Just part of it all. Peace and love. :ymhug:

Liked

This is quite funny - I stumbled over this moved thread - but here we go.....

There was a time I considered Scottishguy a troll and when he was made a moderator he seemed to troll the board aggressively and spammed every thread. With him and Neal both rubbing me the wrong way I could not take it anymore and just pushed myself away from the PC and decided I would just stop posting here. He and Neal had a falling out and Neal stripped him of his moderation abilities and he left the board with the promise to never return....
    1. When I became a Mod on this board it was on the understanding that I would also continue to post - which I did, in the same way as I always had.
    Had there been some rule that Moderating the board precluded me from contributing in my usual way, I would not have accepted the role.
    Now you may well not like my posting style, Bucky, and you may well call it trolling or spamming (and you are entitled to your opinion) - but quite frankly I don't really give a fuck for your opinion - and I don't say that to be offensive - it's just a fact. It's kinda like the way I disliked much of what you were posting at that time - content I saw as narcissistic drivel, and I don't expect you gave a fuck about my opinion on that . So let's just agree to disagree on whether either of us posts worthwhile content.

2. Any moderation I carried out was in complete accordance with the moderation policy at that time - of which you have no knowledge whatsoever yet you pontificate on it. At that time, the Board Owner expressed dismay with some of the posting by a few posters and the policy was that a hard line was to be taken with personal abuse, insults, and general bullshit emanating from that handful of posters. Posts were to be moderated and amended in public - with the "corrections" appearing in coloured text within the post (which turned out to be like waving a red rag to a bull). More contentious posts were to be moved to a "hidden" room which only Admin and Mods could see, be discussed by them, and then moved back or deleted depending on the decision made. That was why posts periodically "disappeared" and "reappeared". It is quite similar to the current situation on SGT except the current "Holding Room" here can be seen. I did accidentally delete one post by a former SGT and GT poster which I explained to him, he accepted it was an error and we were on good terms over on GT before he quit that board. I can't remember his ID.

3. Neal and I did not have a falling out prior to "stripping me of my moderation abilities". I left to go on a business trip one morning, "spoke" to him immediately before I left and told him I would be gone for about a day or so. When I returned, I had been removed as moderator. There was no falling out - there was not even any discussion of any possible changes up to that point. So, kindly get your facts right before you post - because, if you don't, nobody can take your posts seriously.

4. I did not leave the Board "with a promise never to return" - I said I would not be back under the current ownership, and that is exactly what I did until the ownership changed and even then I hesitated because I was not convinced that the former owner had actually left. A few days later I was invited back, Surfy assured me that the former owner had no moderation or management role on the board, so I rejoined.

So, I do not know where you are getting your totally inaccurate information from Bucky - but as you inhabited a certain other Board, I can hazard a guess. If you believe anything that is printed over there, or told to you by the collection of oddballs and misfits who post there, you are a complete fool

:ymparty: