Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP jinks

Liked

Re: RIP jinks

Interesting avatar Michael, should we call you Miss Portillo from now on?

Liked

It won't be hard for me to remember Jinks fondly. I never met him but I have known him since I first began posting on message boards. I am sorry to say I took him for granted. He will be missed. Missed and well remembered.

And although I never said it; I appreciated the hard work he did while the rest of us played, laughed and fought while he tirelessly moderated.

Rest Jinks..... But I think if there is work to be done in the afterlife, I am sure you will volunteer.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I am very sorry to hear about Jinks.

Moderating is a thankless job. So to moderate this board and be regarded as fair-handed is quite a compliment.

RIP Jinks. B-)
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

elephantspike

I'm stunned. I knew this was coming but you can never really be prepared for it. Letting it sink in. Godbye, John.

Liked

I met jinks on one of his last trips to Thailand if not his last. He was sitting in the Venue waiting for the show to start. It was unmistakably him from the photos that had been posted on the forum. I walked up and introduced myself, and we chatted for the next few hours. We talked about hotel accommodations, the forums, and his recent trip to Las Vegas.

He had just resigned as long time moderator of this board under the previous ownership. Most members knew the board was being being run like a dictatorship at that time.

He resigned as moderator rather than compromising his integrity. But never did he express any bitterness or ill will.

It was great to see him back in action as moderator under the current administration.

I am glad to have met him, and it seems like I have known him longer than I actually have. A real gentleman. RIP, jinks.

Liked

RIP Jinks. Hope you found the peace that you deserve.

Liked

I never met Jinks, and I rarely disagreed with his moderation. His contributions will be missed on this and every board.

Liked

To keep anyone here updated and provide them info about jinks' funeral arrangements. It will be held on the 14th of February at Lodge Hill Crematorium in Selly Oak Birmingham (England) at 10:30.

There will be a wake after in the bulls head pub on Kings Norton Green where we will be raising a glass to his memory and food will be provided too for all who come.

I do hope some of you can make it, you are all welcome to pay your respects but a heads up if a group decides to attend as will need to ensure enough food for everyone and approx numbers for crematorium also.

please use the email i provided in the OP : ecigpp@gmail.com for any contact.

I will be taking ownership of john domain names and websites as per his wishes before he passed but i cannot promise to maintain them forever but will ensure they do not disappear straight away as i know there are a lot of other people photos in his database.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nak muay
    There will be a wake after in the bulls head pub on Kings Norton Green where we will be raising a glass to his memory .........
    Now let us sit and drink and make us merry
    And afterward we will his body bury."

-Geoffrey Chaucer

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nak muay
    I will be taking ownership of john domain names and websites as per his wishes before he passed but i cannot promise to maintain them forever but will ensure they do not disappear straight away as i know there are a lot of other people photos in his database.
    If you would like, you can hang on to the ownership of John's domain names and websites as per his wishes and simply have us here at Sawatdee host and maintain the sites on our Network. That way, not only will the sites never disappear...they will be integrated with this site and be easily accessible from here for as long as you wish.

Surfcrest