Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Goodbye Pattaya, hello Siem Reap

Liked

Goodbye Pattaya, hello Siem Reap

What can I say? I spent a week surrounded by the most handsome guys on the planet. Everywhere you look - in bars, restaurants, on the street - they are simply gorgeous.
    My hotel was located just down the road from Hatha Sauna. I have been to SR 3 times but always walked past it, thinking it was just a sauna. But it isn't - they have massage boys! I walked in and they immediately lined up in front of me. WOW! Six of the most handsome guys all smiling at me. I couold have chosen any of them, they were so attractive. So I just chose the first guy in the line up.
    I went back there every night and chose a different guy. Apart from thje last night, they were all incredibly affectionate - lots of hugging and kissing and cuddling - and were great performers. They don't have the big cock I like, but their looks more than make up for that. Mind you, none of the guys had a small cock.
    The guy I chose on the last night was also stunning. He was not what you'd call affectionate - quite the opposite to the others - but he had an enormous cock. At last!! I found one!
    So this trip there was no need to wander all the way across town to the Hatha Khmer Massage place - fun was right on my doorstep.

The bad news. The Linga Bar is dead. Absolutely dead. No customers and no money boys. I went there every night in hope of finding someone but left disappointed. Mind you, they have 2 very cue waiters there, but I don't know if they are offable. So, byebye Linga Bar.

The good news. The Station Bar has one of the best cabaret shows I've seen in S.E.Asia. The show is on every second night and it is very energetic. The guys perform mostly topless and they have beautiful bodies to admire. And very sexy dance routines. The show is supposed to last an hour - from 10 to 11 - but on Monday night, they just went on and on until midnight. The bar was packed.
    The other good news - I wandered down the alley towards the night market (on your left as you walk up the main street from the river) and was accosted by lots of guys working in the foot massage places. "Have room upstairs. Can give sexy massage. You can fuck me." etc etc.
    One of the guys asked me to come back at 11:30 so we could go drinking together, but I got there too late and the place had closed. He wanted to come back to my hotel. He was so cute, too!

And one more piece of good news. I went to the bar/disco on the left hand side at the end of Pub Street. I was standing by the dance floor when suddenly I felt a hand around my waist. It was a young gay guy. He wanted to talk to me but it was too loud so he dragged me into the toilet. While there, he took a piss and I was very disappointed when I saw his small cock.
    "I go your hotel. OK?"
    "Sorry, I'm going to go back and sleep."
    So it seems that's where some of the moneyboys hang out.

SR is now my favourite gay destination and I'll be heading off there more often from now on. May just have to give LOS a miss.

Liked

Re: Goodbye Pattaya, hello Siem Reap

Hi, nice report, I know what you mean about being surrounded by beauty. I was there in December and also thought Linga was pretty dead most nights with very few MBs. I was also surprised that GR seemed pretty quiet too, much quieter than on previous visits, still Grindr and Jack'd were ok to meet guys. Tony at Station Wine Bar runs a good bar and the cabaret is very good if you like that kind of thing. At least Linga is busy on their Friday Cabaret night.
    Hip Hop on the riverside is a good place to find local talent and people tell me that the sauna at Men's Resort is also good, but I've never been out there.
    Good tip about Hatha Spa, I will try it in March when I'm back.
    Cheers

Liked

hi
    yes have to agree too, was there last june and going back this june too.
    The Station wine bar was great, also met nicky there, from nickys page.
    I had loads and loads of fun there, and plenty young guys up for fun.
    The food was the best ive ever had and the prices, about a third
    of what you pay in Pattaya.
    This year i will go to south Cambodia too. planning to spend a month there
    so will need plenty lube and condoms hahahha
    roll on June

A very interesting report a447. I used to enjoy lingering at Linga Bar when I went to SR (one and only time). Does "linga" mean "cock"?

Any further details? You say your hotel was nearby Hatha Sauna. Any further details? Name? Cost? How much did you tip the massage boy? Was this Blue Hatha Spa (every review a bad one on http://www.travelgayasia.com/siem-reap-gay-saunas/) or was it Hatha Khmer? They're both described as "massage" and Men's is the only "sauna"

Liked

Yes, linga means cock. A strange name for a gay bar where no cock is on offer!
    As for the hotel, don't even think about it. The noise all night is horrendous and it is impossible to get a good night's sleep; drunks coming home at all hours (even at 5 in the morning), motorbikes roaring past all night, tuktuks, the odd strange scream - and the sound of drilling at 7 am. Never again!
    At the Blue Hatha Spa you pay $10 and take the guy upstairs. I tipped them $25 and they seemed more than happy with that.
    I read the report on travelgayasia and all I can say is my experience of the place was totally the opposite. Hit and miss, maybe.
    I've been to the Hatha Khmer massage place many times in the past and again, my experience was very positive. No complaints whatsoever.

Yeah good report a447 300 bath for the house and 750 bath for the boy sounds like a bargain

Is their a bar at Ei8ht Rooms now? I heard or did I read it here they gonna open a bar?

Liked

I walked past the Eightrooms bar but it was closed - apparently it closed sometime last year. I was there last year when it was operating but they had hardly any customers and only a couple of money boys. One of the boys, who is also a tour guide - speaks excellent English- I spotted sitting at the bar in the Station Bar. Somehow I don't think he's available, though. He just hangs around the bars to practise his English.
    What's wrong with these places?? If they had any sense they'd invite the money boys in and offer them a free drink or two. Then the customers would come, so to speak.
    But it isn't really a problem if you want to get laid; just visit a massage place and take your pick. As I said, the guys are drop-dead gorgeous and you are spoilt for choice.
    Speaking of drop-dead gorgeous, I forgot to mention a tuktuk driver called Eun (Oon) who parks his tuktuk outside the Blue Pumpkin Cafe on Street 2. He and a few others sit there all day offering their services to customers coming out of the cafe. I was sitting outside having a coffee when I heard a guy say hello to me. I looked up and saw this stunning guy. He smiled at me and I just melted in the chair.
    "You want tuktuk?"
    "YES!"
    In actual fact, I didn't as I've been to all the temples etc . Suddenly I decided I needed to go somewhere - desperately. But where to. In the end I decided to go to Ankor Wat to see the sunset. Now, if you buy a ticket for sunset (ticket office opens at 4:45) then you get to use it for the whole of the next day as well. Bonus! I can spend another day with Mr gorgeous!
    He took me out to Bantey Srei, about an hour and a bit out of town. Along the way I saw lots of little tracks heading off into the forest. I fantasised about us heading down one of those tracks to a secluded spot and me having my way with him. Silly old me.
    Needless to say, I had a hard-on for most of the time I was with him. I don't recall much about the temple I visited, just his stunning good looks and awesome smile. I got his email address and will be using his services from now on. So if you are ever in SR, look him up. You won't be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    As for the hotel, don't even think about it. The noise all night is horrendous and it is impossible to get a good night's sleep; drunks coming home at all hours (even at 5 in the morning), motorbikes roaring past all night, tuktuks, the odd strange scream - and the sound of drilling at 7 am.
    Since you haven't shared with us the name of this hotel it's difficult to put it in the "don't even think about it" category. I'm assuming it's in the same street as Ei8ht Rooms and the Hatha Spa since you mention walking past both of them. A friend of mine is planning on going to SR later in the year and is hoping that you definitely weren't talking about Ei8ht Rooms as he's planning on staying there.

Liked

Eight Rooms Guesthouse was just fine when I stayed there 2 months ago. I tried 3 different rooms, as I stayed twice as long as originally booked for & had to take what was free.
    The rooms towards the rear are quieter, but I slept OK in the front room as well.

Liked

last year i stayed in 8rooms, loved it
    i stayed in room 8, it wass perfect for me and my thai bf
    im going back again this year .
    and looking foward to going to the wine bar and catching up with Nicky