List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    It seems to me that there is actually no shortage of boys to work in the bars. Looking at the new bars that have opened recently such as Winner Boys, New Cupidol, 360' Degree Bar, Prisma all of them have been able to find plenty of boys to work there both straight and gay. It's only the lack of customers that means the supply dwindles down. If they were full of customers they'd be bursting at the seams with boys. Take Prisma, Toy Boys and Scandic all together and you've got over 60 available boys just from those three places.
    This is very true. The money, if you can command it, is still quite good. It still amazes that some of the boys working in Family Mart or 7-11 make roughly 40 baht an hour. And those guys work their ass off. It must be difficult to hear from their friends who spend the night drinking, on our dime, and get paid for it at the same time. Just one off a week would net them more money than they would make in an ordinary week somewhere else. Now, let's also talk reality - The bar scene is not for everyone, nor should it be. I have lived in Northeastern Thailand since 2008. I love the laid back life here. You don't need much here to be comfortable beyond your wildest dreams. Many of these boys live very simple lives - and they love it. They don't need more than a few hundred a baht to not only survive, but thrive in their village. As the OP has stated, there are loads of opportunities springing up all around the Northeast. While it does not net the possible thousands of baht one can make on a good night in Bangkok or Pattaya, many of these boys no longer want it.

I really think the lure of the big city is slowly giving way. I remember in 2008, when I went to my now husband's home in the village, we could barely get a signal with AIS. No other mobile service would even work out there. Today, we have Fiber Optic Internet out there that is actually faster than at our home in Khon Kaen - go figure. I guess what I am trying to say is that times are really changing in Thailand and the boys are realizing that they no longer need the bar scene to be happy. I am happy to see that. Hope it all makes sense - Perhaps I'll start posting more - I sure enjoy the new 'feel' to reading the posts now being made by civil people who love this country - Good on you all!

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 8th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (November 8th, 2017), christianpfc (November 15th, 2017), joe552 (November 8th, 2017)

Liked

Don't forget the pleasure the working guys derive from their friendship groups. It's not unusual for a group to arrive together in Pattaya as old friends from school, or the village or even as family members. There is a sense of camaraderie amongst them; a guy who has a successful night will treat his friends to dinner, or help with the rent. They will sometimes share a room, particularly in their early days, and enjoy social activities together.
    Retired guys will speak of the pleasure it gave them to be in groups-particularly gay ones- after a degree of isolation at home. And of course, Pattaya, with all its faults, was an thrilling, vibrant environment for those coming from a small village in Isaan.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 8th, 2017), joe552 (November 8th, 2017), Tintin (November 9th, 2017)

Liked

I think you're spot on, Oliver.

My Pattaya regular moved there with his brother and a group of friends from the same town. They all work in the sex business, share rooms and hang out together. And they look after each other, sharing offs amongst themselves - "Can you take my brother instead? He hasn't had a farang this week" - and, of course, help each other out when times are tough.

And they also work at the same bar. When one changes, the others follow.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver (November 8th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jason, You appear to be a perfectly pleasant, rational, intelligent individual with no grudges to bear. Your posts will be much in demand on SGT.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 15th, 2017), francois (November 8th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Jason, You appear to be a perfectly pleasant, rational, intelligent individual with no grudges to bear. Your posts will be much in demand on SGT.
    Well thank you - You are right - Life is too short to live with grudges. I made the move here to get out of the rat race in America more than ten years ago and haven't regretted that decision one bit - Thanks for the greeting -

Liked

Hi KKJason. Welcome to the board. Living in KK with your partner from a small Thai village and loving the simple life means you've already got quite a lot in common with CDMatt. It will cerainly be interesting to compare the different viewpoints on what is essentially the same ifestyle.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Hi KKJason. Welcome to the board. Living in KK with your partner from a small Thai village and loving the simple life means you've already got quite a lot in common with CDMatt. It will cerainly be interesting to compare the different viewpoints on what is essentially the same ifestyle.
    Not sure about the thing in common bit - But life here sure here is different. Khon Kaen, of course, is no longer a small city. In fact, this place and Korat are beginning to provide a lot of good opportunities for young people. I don't think they really feel the need (many of them) to head to Bangkok when they come of age. We shall see if it continues - At some point, the bubble is likely to burst, but then we'll just have to see if it can rebound. I love being able, though, to get to my husband's village in just 90 minutes - now, that's a whole other world entirely.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

kkjason...not sure i agree with your statement that the country boys thrive in the quiet village....i suspect having access to the internet heightens their awareness that the world beyond the village is a lot brighter.
    They also see nice brick houses with proper roofs being built around them and want the same...and the quickest way a boy with limited prospects can make fast money is peddling his body..
    And here I have to agree with u...it really does amaze me when I find a handsome specimen behind a family mart counter working for slave wages..a 3 hour romp on my dick would be the equivalent of 3 days wages..
    Thailand still has a long way before the country side catches up and becomes truly middle class.
    Another country that Im fast becomong afan of is Brazil..and Im not talking about the mega cities like Rio and Sao Paulo..its the reginal towns of up to 2 million people....grinding poverty drives many into whoring..all colours and types available..

Liked

A 447 reminds me that in my my early days in Pattaya I was sometimes asked by dancers to take one of the guys who hadn't been offed for a long time. In one case, he was someone who, I was told, would lose his job if he didn't find a falang. To my eternal shame, I didn't. I've felt bad about it for twenty years.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 8th, 2017), francois (November 8th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I've felt bad about it for twenty years.
    WHY !? Not your fault that he wasn't very good or popular at his job - if I was crap at my job for whatever reason I wouldn't get a pass, I dont see why a Thai guy should be any different and if you didn't fancy him enough to off him that's not exactly your fault either.

To feel bad about that for 20 years is to me crazy - plus it was of course probably all just bullshit anyway and if you went back there the next week you would I'm sure have found him still working away.

For all you know if it WAS true that perhaps you actually did the guy a favour, as maybe his heart wasn't in the work hence why no offs and IF so he lost his job because of that non off then maybe he went back to work elsewhere, is much more happy today because of that and is in fact thanking you for that for all you know.

Either way I'm betting that 20 years later HE still doesn't feel bad about it (or even remember it or care).

16. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 15th, 2017)