List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

I dont mind admiting that I AM currently sitting here in work wearing two small hearing aids and I KNOW for a fact that my time in thai discos and night clubs is at least partially responsible for that occurance ! I actually have very clear recollections of at least three incidents of my walking out of several Thai late night clubs with loud ringing in my ears that lasted for up to two days at a time and I'm reliably informed that THAT was a sure sign of hearing damage taking place.

On top of that and to add to the problem I also played in a cabaret music band for about 10 years and so spent many nights standing on a stage, way to close to amps and speakers etc, but I KNOW my hearing loss increased dramatically after numerous trips to Thailand and I became more and more aware of that after each and every trip.

Of course I HATE the idea of having ( or choosing) to wear any sort of visible hearing aid and whilst I dont necessarily "NEED" them i.e. I'm not totally "deaf", I cant deny that they're not useful or that I'm not "hard of hearing" sometimes and hate them or not they ARE bloody handy when perhaps in a business meeting and not wanting to sit struggling to hear every word or in a busy restaurant and not having to concentrate so intently on my dining companion that they begin to think that I'm falling in love with them as I'm staring at them so much :-).

So my advice to all ( as needing said hear aids came as a big shock to me) is yes defintely to wear ear plugs or the likes when in Thai clubs and to hell with what it looks like as once your hearing STARTS going, that's it, it's going and it's never coming back so be sure to take care of whatever hearing you have left !

PS for the record I do remove said hearing aids when out partying as I'd hate to ruin my good looks ( Joke!).On the [;us side ( if there is one) I also suffered from Tinitus and the aids seem to have reduced that somewhat, plus they also give me a GREAT excuse to TOTALLY ignore my BF whenever I feel like it as I "can't always hear him" ( when it suits me) - so, always a silver lining eh !

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 10th, 2017), francois (November 10th, 2017), joe552 (November 10th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    they also give me a GREAT excuse to TOTALLY ignore my BF whenever I feel like it as I "can't always hear him" ( when it suits me)
    Thai guys seem to be born with that same ability.... to completely not hear something when it suits them!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Thai guys seem to be born with that same ability.... to completely not hear something when it suits them!
    That is true to some extent but in defense of any non-native speaker of any language, there is a certain minute adjustment of attention that is involved in receiving input from another language. And sometimes the adjustment is simply not available, not functioning until it has been brought to the attention of the non-native speaker.

And sometimes, he is just not very interested in hearing what we have to say.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    ...They have few options and one of those options is to be a mb. Despite the ungenerous deck of cards life dealt them they still have an optimistic manner. That's my point. Can't see how anyone can disagree with that.
    I think the premise is wrong. There are job openings everywhere, hotel staff, cooks, servants, 7-Eleven, a Thai can find a job in 5 minutes if he wants, if he speaks English in 3 minutes. BUT it will be the minimum wage, which does not allow to buy the new Samsung, you will have to hook up with a Farang to get that.

There are millions [quotation needed] of SEAsian foreign workers in Thailand, mostly construction work and other long and hard, low paid labor, jobs that no Thai would want to take.

A Farang friend made the mistake of sending his bar-boy-friend money while he (FF) was in Europe, for months. The boy reported back that he went to job interviews, but didn't get a job, when in reality he partied away the money, and months later, when the money flow stopped, just returned to the bar FF picked him up in.

6. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 15th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....not for the 1st time I gotta agree with christian...sorry christian I know this is not going to exactly endear u to some board members...
    But truth is that the VAST majority of MB are in the business because its easy money...its fast money...and almost no effort needed..for heavens sake some customers like joe just want a hug and a cuddle and maybe a half arsed bj...
    Im not judging the MBs or criticizing them...or calling them lazy...they choose the life...so NO I dont feel sorry for them...or any sort of special allowances should be made. then u better perform or I will be bitching for a discount...simple..
    Last edited by arsenal; November 15th, 2017 at 16:23.