List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

Liked

Re: Lives of/options for gay over-18 year old Thais.

Why you think it's been "a decade" since I was in Thailand requires not only explanation but an indication of the basis on which you make that claim.

As to the rest of my post - Joe asked the question, and in public - am I meant to ignore it?

Liked

I would say that the large majority of my offs over the last 10 years and many visits documented here have had few options for life but they have nonetheless maintained an optimistic disposition. I am interested in other members experiences.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver (November 10th, 2017)

Liked

arsenal, I hope I'm reading your post correctly. You're saying that you don't expect to find a "life partner" in Thailand, but really enjoy the times you are there? Is that a fair summation?

In which case, I would agree with you. When I first started going, and met Kwan, and fell in love, I dreamed about living there full time one day. As has been teased out on another thread that's not an option. But I've had some amazing holidays, met some lovely guys and have great memories. I only had one bad time, and that was down to my drinking. But since then, it's been great, and I've missed it hugely over the last couple of years.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Nothing about my post relates to my life Joe, just my experience with Thai boys and their life chances. As I said, I would be very interested to hear from other members, especially those who have been there regularly over the last decade as Thailand has changed considerably in that time.

Liked

Sorry arsenal, maybe I'm being a bit dim, but I don't see the distinction between your life and your experience with Thai boys. Surely the latter is part of the former? Not wanting to start another row, just confused.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Sorry arsenal, maybe I'm being a bit dim, but I don't see the distinction between your life and your experience with Thai boys. Surely the latter is part of the former? Not wanting to start another row, just confused.
    I don't find it confusing. I suppose some people are quite efficient at physically and emotionally compartmentalising their lives especially if there's a part involving buying sex from men young enough to be their children or grandchildren. The very mention of Thailand might raise eyebrows back home. Some of these guys aren't out at home and only "gay it out" in Thailand and other faraway destinations. I'm not at all saying this applies to arsenal as I don't know and don't care about his private life but I have met a couple of guys like the ones I described in my almost-a-year here.

Liked

An interesting point, sglad, thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    he can just take a 90 minute bus ride to the nearest largish town to fuck his way into retirement.
    ...or into the retired, as the case may well be.
    Last edited by sglad; November 9th, 2017 at 23:55.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

arsenal..ALL MB have an option...unless they have been kidnapped and kept chained to a bed they are all free to leave and do something else...there are lots of menial low paying jobs (beach attendant, construction work...)that require minimal education...or they could just stay in the countryside and work the fields.
    Reason they are whores is because its quick easy money..catapults the good ones into the middle class if they were clever enough to save/invest their earnings.
    Even the crappy ugly ones would if they put minimal effort into it earn more than the minimum daily wage of bht300.
    As for maintaining an optimistic outlook, most show up with a fake smile...they know they are there to get fucked by a random stranger..most as in vast majority are easily led...guess after being used by countless guys they are used to being told what to do..they have limited self respect...many show up high on something ....these can be lotsa fun... ..apologies if I burst someones bubble about true love or something...they are not lost innocent creatures...they have chosen this life...

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 15th, 2017)

Liked

Latin. They have few options and one of those options is to be a mb. Despite the ungenerous deck of cards life dealt them they still have an optimistic manner. That's my point. Can't see how anyone can disagree with that.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

neddy3 (November 10th, 2017), Oliver (November 10th, 2017), Tintin (November 11th, 2017)