Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming

Liked

Christmas is coming

I'm a bah, humbug kind of guy when it comes to Christmas. I'd much rather stay home, treat myself to a nice steak and a couple of bottles of wine. But my brother and sister always insist on inviting me. Up to now, I've always gone along with it, but this year I'm seriously considering lying, and telling them that I'm going to the other one on the day. They don't often speak directly to each other, so I think I could get away with it.

So where do you stand on the subject? If you're in Thailand, will you be doing the 'traditional' style Christmas dinner, such as at Yupin's?

Or do you have some friends round/or visit friends for the day?

I'm just interested in how members spend the day.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Christmas is coming

make up your fucking mind..one moment u wanna move to the canary islands because its close to home and your familuy....now u cant even be bothered to spend time with them..pathetic..no wonder u r alone

Liked

A charming response.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 13th, 2017), joe552 (November 13th, 2017)

Liked

Someone obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning

6. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 13th, 2017)

Liked

If I'm here, I go out with friends to a hotel for Christmas lunch.

This year in going to spend Christmas/NY in Japan. Their Christmas is very cheesy and totally fake, of course, but there's always nice stuff to eat. No turkey, thank God!

I don't have any family and at Christmas, that can be a bonus, judging from all the dramas friends have when they spend the day with family.

I wonder why they bother. They always seem to get into arguments and don't talk all year until they finally make up, just in time for Christmas.

Then it starts all over again!

No, thanks.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 13th, 2017), joe552 (November 13th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    make up your fucking mind..one moment u wanna move to the canary islands because its close to home and your familuy....now u cant even be bothered to spend time with them..pathetic..no wonder u r alone
    I do not remember ever responding to a post from latin however, this is a first, Joe it is time you found some real people to discuss your life issues with!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Look, I'm talking about Christmas Day here. My other posts relate to my long term future, and the desire to stay reasonably close to my siblings is about having some support if a major problem arose. I don't think the two are incompatible positions.

Liked

I will spend Christmas with family in the UK. Eat too much, drink too much and play silly games. I love it!

12. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 13th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well latin, at least I've made up my f**king mind. I would love to share a Christmas dinner with my sisters in New Hampshire. We always get along well and are quite happy to reunite, at least for two or three days.

But since I can't make the trip, I'll be here in Saigon where Christmas decorations are already going up and where our nearby mall will hire a Santa to amuse and amaze the kids.

In my suburban district of Saigon there are no restaurants featuring Christmas dinner and I don't feel like attempting to cook a turkey. I also don't feel like making the effort to go into the city center. So, it will just be an ordinary day for me.

But to mark the day, I may do one of the evening mini-shows that I star in a couple of times a week. I go down in the elevator from my 6th floor apartment. Reaching the ground floor, I walk about 75 yards (68.58 meters) to the supermarket, push a half-size shopping cart around for ten minutes, buy enough to fill two not-too-heavy plastic shopping bags. After I've paid, I step outside and see them all waiting.

My neighbors and everyone who has witnessed my journey from home to supermarket, my trek inside the market, they are all waiting for me, applauding loudly, some might say wildly; in fact it's a standing ovation of almost deafening proportions.

I nod graciously in response (a move I learned by watching European royalty). I can't do much more than that because my hands are carrying grocery bags. I make my way back to the elevator, sounds of the applause gradually dissipating, plans for my next excursion already forming.

Chuc Mung Giang Sinh! (Merry Christmas to one and all!)

14. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 15th, 2017)

Liked

A brilliant post, bob, well said. And Chuc Mung Giang Sinh to you too