I wonder how working Thais manage to go to late night venues and then to work next day. I do it about twice per month, if the place closes at 2 am (sangjan) or 3 am (DJ station), I am in bed an hour later and have to get up at 8 and start work at 9. I couldn't do it every week.

I met several gay Thais who would be a good intellectual match for me, but are not so much my type. None of them frequent the gay scene (bars, discos, saunas), all encounters were on the internet.

A friend B from Germany is in Thailand for holiday. He met with a Thai boy who works in a factory in Chonburi (I should have asked for details, especially how he can take several days off work) and came on his motorbike to meet B in Pattaya. They know from camfrog and now chat on skype. B is in his 60s, overweight, does not speak Thai and his English is limited. So is the Thai boy's. They have a common vocabulary of a few hundred words in English. I translated German/Thai for them. The Thai boy looks fine, with short hair I would consider him a potential sexual partner. B just compensates his travel expenses (and a bit more). It's a miracle how they found together.

B is chatting with another Thai boy who lives in Ayutthaya and writes good English. The boys earns about 10,000 Baht per month and is leasing a car for about 6,000 Baht per months. This is only possible because he stays with his parents and has no expenses for rent. Still, buying petrol is a problem. That boy will come by car to see my friend.

From my own experience, there is the boy whom I met in Babylon Sauna in September and have been seeing almost weekly. It took me some weeks to figure out that he does not sell shirts at the night market Dalat Klong Lot, but is a regular at Saranrom park. His English is very limited, we communicate in Thai only. Two weeks ago, he became an employee of Hotmale in Soi Twilight. Quite an upgrade! I went there to off him (400 Baht off fee, 1500 tip; expensive, but I had told him the week before that we could meet again next week and called that night to ask where he is, so it would have been rude not to go). Two days ago, we met again and he told me he left Hotmale because I was his only customer in seven days of working there. 500 Baht every day is better than 1500 Baht once per week? I told him about Classic Boys, where he would fit in better than Hotmale. But lack of English must a huge problem in any bar.

I think we are overestimating the extense of the Farang oriented gay prostitution scene. Let's assume there are 5000 (my estimation) boys working in Farang oriented gay bars (gogo or host) in entire Thailand, and each of them has 10 friends who know about their work, that makes 5000 boys with first hand experience and 50,000 who know second hand. If we assume that there are 10 million Thai males age 20 to 30, that means 1 out of 200 has a friend who works in the scene.

There is not a boy in every village who knows someone who works in a bar!