Thread: Important Board Update

Liked

Re: Important Board Update

elephantspike

And if you can see that link you are already here. :-B

Liked

I arrived after it said broken link... Followed the banner and logged in... And here I am.
    One thing... Not very mobile friendly....
    Yes, my name is doofus. (Yes, I am an idiot).

elephantspike

The front page Wordpress style is fluid so it works well on mobiles. Maybe not so much on the forum yet. FOr now it's just this one style called "Simplicity" for the forum but I'll add a few more eventually.

WHat do you mean broken links? Where did you see that?

Liked

I had an old page open saying will be back at 10pm est when I refreshed it said broken link. So I did above and here I am.
    Yea the rest if the site works ok-ish on mobile..
    On the front page after Surfcrest's opening words underneath headlines the picture is moving the text to the far right so all squished but nice otherwise.
    I do most of my browsing of the web and now sawatdeenetwork from mobile devices (mainly my iPhone's) so a style for iPhones and possibly iPads would be good.
    Yes, my name is doofus. (Yes, I am an idiot).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nicely done! Here's to a fresh start.

Liked

Love it. Congratulations!
    No proxy server needed (I hope forever) with the new name and URL address ... fast ... interesting portal page.
    8.5 out of 10 (I've never given a 10 to anything or anybody in my life) home run.

Thanks to Surfcrest, Elephantspike and jinks for what was obviously a lot of work.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

elephantspike

Awesome. Glad to hear it. And that front page is much much more than a portal page. It's a hub for Multisite blog network using WordPress software. Super easy to add all kinds of added functionality like shopping carts, directories, events pages, fundraiser pages, WIki pages etc, etc, etc. and also any of you can start your own website utilizing any of those features and more just by clicking on that "start your own blog" link at the top right sidebar of the front page and clicking through the site creation page. GIve it a shot if you feel adventurous. It can be much more than just a plain blog if you want to use the plugins you'll have available.

It's done with plugins to the Wordpress which is much less messy than trying to add MODS to the phpBB to try to make it into something it isn't and you have to hack up the code to do those phpBB MODs. with Wordpress they are called "plugins" for a reason...you just click a button and it "plugs" in your shopping cart, Wiki, fundraiser site, etc. and if you decide to unplug it you just click another button.

And the phpBB itself has basically been made into a plugin to the Wordpress :-B

Liked

I really like the new look and everything appears to work properly. Good work! Congratulations.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Rob, thanks for the tour.
    I only wish I knew what the hell you're taking about
    Mostly gobblygook to me, but you've entered a secretive realm of which I know nothing and in which am quite uncomfortable. Glad I don' t know anything (about this stuff) frankly, but certainly nice to have you techies around when you need 'em.

By the way, some feedback: I'm writing this on a Google Nexus 7 tablet and the 'look' is quite good. Didn't expect that as it's not always the case with tablets.

Any possibility of getting 'Control Panel' up in the main lined-up group of black clickable options?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand