Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush, Yet Again

Liked

Rush, Yet Again

Rush, Yet Again

Oh, what luck! Our timing has been incredible. Rush is indeed looking to us to now be more involved with the plug-in and to be hosted.

This opens doors for both of us. Check out his post and the PM I forwarded to you Bob.

This must be a SGT Birthday present for both of you through us (~~)

elephantspike

Re: Rush, Yet Again

Yup, and I thought he was on blogspot.com but he's on wordpress.com so it is the EXACT same software as we are using so I know EXACTLY how to make an EXACT copy of his existing site on our network. He can register his own domain like "bangkokbois.com"that we can have all his blog pages appear on or he can just have a subdomain like "bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com".

WHat we are going to be running here is basically the exact same thing as those yourblog.wordpress.com blogs with the exact same software but since it is our domain we can allow/disallow whatever we want.

Now we need to get a few more popular bloggers aboard.

elephantspike

I think the main page navigation pages should be written by you or ghost written for you if you prefer. THat slideshow at the top of the main page has excerpts and an image from whatever pages you set to be in it so we should make some introduction pages and have each one appear in a slide in that slideshow.....so like one could be "Guest Bloggers" and one "Thailand Nightlife" and one "Start Your Own Blog" and one "The Same Ol' Sawatdee Forum- Still Going Strong" and one "Living In Thailand" and one "Gay Scene in Thailand" and one "Other Countries",,,,,,(or something like that)

Also- we really need to get a paid membership here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/join/

It has all the plugins and themes we need to make a real pro multisite network that can rival or surpass sites like wordpress.com or blogspot.com in fuctionality and user options (including that paid directory plugin)

Liked

Let me work on bringing them in. Having Rush onboard may help the cause...whether he's liked by the others or not.
    Having them share the same page with him is going to create some cross exposure they never had before...and that's all good stuff for the gay traveler to Thailand.
    I know Pochai (llz) has read my message, but hasn't responded to my post.
    What about Christian? There's someone that definitely needs a blog, especially for all the photo content.
    We could set him up and then have him submit content.

elephantspike

This is what Rush is going to need to get once we rebuild a copy of his site on our network:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/

It makes all the links in google and everywhere on the web for every page on bangkokbois.wordpress.com redirect to the same page on it's new domain with us. It costs $12 per year.

elephantspike

Wordpress out-of-the-box comes with a sidebar widget that displays a block like our portal blocks that you can show or hide on any page that has links to link partner sites. There is also an RSS widget that if the site we want to link to has an RSS feed, our RSS widget can be set to show links to each of (however many we set it to show) the latest posts on their site so if they post a new article a link to that article automatically appears in our RSS widget.

elephantspike

zip-up everything you have for photos and upload the file as an attachment here on this thread so I can download it and have a look. Also should get a shutterstock membership:

http://www.shutterstock.com/subscribe.mhtml

super high-quality pro photos we can license to use and millions to choose from.

Also that wpmudev site has all the plugins we need to make different membership levels with different levels of access and hundreds of professional themes and anything else you can think of that a professional website would possibly need. There's one that allows you to show your own Google Adsense on free blogs on the network but when the blogger pays us for a premium membership it makes our ads go away and allows them to have their own ads. etc etc etc...

elephantspike

Well I have Rush started out here:

http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com

All we need is to grab an XML export from his old site and that will copy all of his contents to this one- then just get the same sidebar widgets he uses for related posts, featured posts, random posts and those other sidebar things he had.

elephantspike

Links

I have enabled the "Top Referrals" portal block. As people click through links on other sites to this site, a link to the site they came from will automatically appear in that block. I have it set to show the top 20. the more traffic they send the higher on the list their link climbs. We'll have to use the ACP>Portal>Http Referrals to filter-out spam sites and multiple search-engine mirror sites from appearing.

elephantspike

Importing all the images now. Should be done soon...

http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/the-xxx-games/