Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: shit day in pattaya

Liked

Re: shit day in pattaya

If you left your watches in massage parlour (and not somewhere else), it can hardly be qualified as a theft. I would put in the category "temptation too high to resist".
    As a side comment, it looks like sudden increase in available guys in Pattaya (including in go go bars) which cannot be accidental. I attribute it to deteriorating economic situation in rural Thailand (probably as a combination of seasonal floods with recent cuts in agricultural subsidies) but this comes with a price of certain degree of desperation . Just be careful with your possessions...

Liked

Hmmmmmmmm - I'm sorry Ikarus but in my opinion it IS theft!

I was going to say "legally and morally it is theft" then I remembered poor old a447 was getting serviced by a prostitute in a massage shop, so I thought it maybe "legally and morally" wasn't a stong point!! :sign5:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

!? He was not ! He was just getting a very vigorous treatment from his keen physical therapist - see, this is exactly how salacious rumours get started about what people hear about what goes on in sexy massage shops in Thailand - personally I only ever go in for sports massages !! Lol

Ha I should add that to the "things people never do in Thailand thread perhaps :-)

Liked

It is horrible when people try to rob you. And I hate that urge in me to be extra careful, when most of the time you can leave your stuff and go for a walk, like Thai people do with their motorbike helmets. As for desperation, we have all seen how the rainy season can reduce people's income. I'm in Patong Beach and today I saw loads of massage people in Paradise. The sun was out but I didn't see many customers. I'm a customer but some of my cash goes to gay romeo meets now rather than massage shops.

Liked

Scottish-guy, you are wrong, sorry to say. I was a bit stiff in places and needed a therapeutic massage!

Ikarus, you have missed your calling I think. You'd make a great defence lawyer but a lousy prosecutor. :sign5: It was up to the finder to resist temptation. He decided not to (his choice) and, hence, his act falls squarely into the category of theft. Without putting too finer point on it, the question he'd have to answer in a court of law is: What was your intent when you saw the watch and decided to hide it from the rightful owner? His only possible answer would be that he'd decided not to give it back. That is theft. As you said:"Just be careful with your possessions..." I wasn't. I've said I was partially at fault and, given the reality of life for some people here I can completely understand the inability to resist temptation. If he's able to sell it and get a good price for it, well good luck to him. He needs the money more than any of us do. It's just that, as I said, I felt somehow personally violated, that's all.

Christian, the make and value of the watch are neither here nor there; I couldn't really care less and am not going to waste time worrying about the monetary value. Afterall, it's only a possession, which I can replace. As for the 'How would a massage boy recognize a valuable watch and be able to distinguish it from a cheap copy?" comment, one look would tell anyone it was not bought at the Patpong market. The weight of it, along with the leather strap and complicated clasp mechanism would be dead giveaways. I can't believe that you think the copy watches are anything like the real thing. Next time, take a closer look.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Scottish-guy, you are wrong, sorry to say. I was a bit stiff in places and needed a therapeutic massage!

Christian, the make and value of the watch are neither here nor there; I couldn't really care less and am not going to waste time worrying about the monetary value. Afterall, it's only a possession, which I can replace. As for the 'How would a massage boy recognize a valuable watch and be able to distinguish it from a cheap copy?" comment, one look would tell anyone it was not bought at the Patpong market. The weight of it, along with the leather strap and complicated clasp mechanism would be dead giveaways. I can't believe that you think the copy watches are anything like the real thing. Next time, take a closer look.
    Sorry to disagree with you A447. I have gotten patpong watch sellers to bring out the good stuff of which I have quite a few. They have been good enough too fool some jewelers in the USA who were astonished when I told them they were fakes.

Now for the most part that is not the junk you see on the counter which you can buy for 300 baht but stuff that can be 1400-1800 baht and is hidden in back rooms and sometimes in a special chest. I have bought a lot of good copies as presents etc. The weight is the same as the original and 90% of them are keeping perfect time after 2 years or more. I have some that are 10 years old that keep perfect time.

I have been chased down in Patek stores and Rolex stores by sales personnel who saw what was on my wrist and came running.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I live in Pattaya and have had two instances of thievery after taking someone off. I've never been afraid, am very aware Thais for the most part are cowards and will not fight one on one but 3 or more on 1 is thier style.
    I was not about to shrug off these two encounters, lucky for me in the wee hours of the morning about 6 months apart I saw the thieves walking alone in very quiet streets, I approached each from behind and taking full advantage of surprise approached each from behind aiming at their face beat the shit out of each of them, revenge is sweet!
    For the sake of clarity both were straight manly guys.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

My Hero

:love4: :love4: :love4:

Liked

attacking someone from behind, cowardly, but thats how some people like their heros.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    attacking someone from behind, cowardly, but thats how some people like their heros.

Do people actually respond to your posts? :dontknow:
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"