Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

Liked

Re: Scottish Independence - (split from atm fees)

do you want scotland to leave europe as well as the u.k. ?

once you get your independence are you hoping to stop unchecked immigration, or will all borders be coming down ?

might i add all this scotland is great 'chitter chatter' you relentlessly churn out is all well and good, but boy do you sound like a racist.

Liked

I agree with you, scottish-guy - we Irish were the architects of our own misfortune. Our bankers and property developers were crooks, but at least they were OUR crooks. I hope Scotland votes yes next year to independence.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Thanks, Joe. Interestingly enough, Iceland (another country poked fun at by UK Ministers) has emerged strongly from their troubles. They implemented a different plan - instead of bailing out the Banks and allowing their criminal Bankers to continue to collect millions in bonuses - Iceland let the banks fail, jailed the worst of the bankers, wiped out all mortgages and personal debt, protected the poor and disabled, and started from square one. They are now doing pretty well according to the IMF. Here we protected the Bankers, and chose to cut the wages of ordinary workers and benefits to the poor and disabled to make them pay for the bail out.

To answer Timmberty - the policy of the Scottish Government is to remain within the EU. As such, it is not possible to "control" immigration from EU countries - these people have a right to live and work here, exactly as now.

With regard to non-EU immigration - don't be silly - of course there won't be open borders to all. However what we will have is an Immigration policy designed for the needs of Scotland (rather than the overcrowded South-East of England). Remember Scotland has 33% of the land mass of the UK but only 8% of the population - we have plenty of space (some of it is even habitable!) and we currently have lower unemployment than the UK as a whole. We want to grow the country and the economy - and if there are skilled workers from outwith the EU who can help us do that they will be welcomed.

:occasion9:

Liked

so your boyfriend who has no skills, and there for no place in this great new world of yours ... you still trying to get him in?

8% of the population and less unemployment ... well done

Liked

I see where you're coming from - when the intellectual argument goes over your head, it's time to get personal - right?

Don't you worry your empty little head about my BF - he attends University and is doing OK in his results. Whatever happens regarding his immigration status, I will deal with it - but thanks for your concern.

If I were you I'd just worry about your own (lack of) education - it's clear from your last sentence (if you can call it a sentence) that you must have been off school the day they did percentages - you clearly don't understand the concept.

Now, trot along and ask advice on what you've to say next.

Liked

i wasnt getting personal, i just like to jump into the great big holes you leave in your arguments.
    there is one thing so called clever people have, and its a lack of common sense. you might be able to spell the big words 'n stuff, sadly when somebody challanges your sort and you have to think outside the box ( i.e. not just quote the party line)
    you struggle to do it ... its a bit like having a go at someone for being personal then attacking them for being stupid, you get the idea yet ?

Liked

Don't flatter yourself - you didn't challenge anything I've written - you merely personalised the debate, like a little child, and now complain when you get some of your own medicine.

Now - if you'd like to point out some of these "holes" you see in my arguments, I'll gladly try to fill them in for you - but don't reduce the debate to cheap jibes about 3rd parties who are not here to defend themselves. Did I make any adverse comments on your father when you introduced him into a topic recently?

Liked

your boyfriend is an example of how nuch rubbish you talk .. i.e.

With regard to non-EU immigration - don't be silly - of course there won't be open borders to all. However what we will have is an Immigration policy designed for the needs of Scotland

that would be one of the holes... like all good politicians, we dont allow people from non e.u. members into our country..
    unless they happen to be cheap cleaners, or our boy/girlfriends.

and like all good politicians changing the subject might work with your own sort, sadly not with me .. i.e.

"Fighting for Independence" (note the spelling) involves nothing more than marking a ballot paper with an X.

You'd find it easy enough yourself - I expect it's how you sign your name.

nothing personal there huh ?

just out of intrest do you live in scotland ? or would that be giving away to much personal information.

Liked

So, if I understand you correctly - you're saying we only allow non-EU immigrants into the UK if they are low-skilled lackeys?

Visited any NHS hospitals recently, have you? Been to your GP practice recently?

On the other matter - sure, if you want to get personal Timmberty I'll pay you back in spades - that comes with the territory. If you don't like it. don't start it.

Now, is there a sensible question you wish to ask?

:dontknow:

Liked

please feel free to dish out as much shit as you like, i have seen how you lose it already, and i find it rather amusing to watch a grown man make himself look so silly.

'So, if I understand you correctly - you're saying we only allow non-EU immigrants into the UK if they are low-skilled lackeys?

what on earth does that mean ? i thought the exact oppersite was meant to be true.

i think it would be great if you get your independence, cause once all the free loading scumbags that you seem to love so much, get off the ferries at dover, they will be put on the first train to glasgow. see how long your new found wealth lasts then.

anyhow time to move on, you seem incapable of having a grown up conversation for to long.