Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

Liked

Scottish Independence

Fair points gaymandenmark.

Incidentally (and completely off-topic), I went to yesterday's March & Rally for Scottish Independence which was attended by over 20,000 on the streets of Edinburgh ...

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/ ... -Edinburgh

...and, amongst all the banners, I was pleased to notice a number of Danish supporters waving the Dannebrog (national flag).

:hello2:

Liked

Re: new bank no atm fees!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Fair points gaymandenmark.

Incidentally (and completely off-topic), I went to yesterday's March & Rally for Scottish Independence
    not bad for someone whos always banging on about intergration

Liked

I don't even know what "intergration" is - I'll try Amazon for a copy of "The Moron's Dictionary".

Liked

yes please do ... read the chapter on scottish-guy. its really rather interesting, if not a bit misleading.

Liked

I think it's clear that when Scotland votes for independence next year, Thai banks will stop charging this 150Bt fee. It's bleedin obvious. :dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

oh i forgot to ask scotty, did you slip out round the back way when alex salmon spoke about fighting for independance ?

not so much brave heart ... more wet fart !

Liked

"Fighting for Independence" (note the spelling) involves nothing more than marking a ballot paper with an X.

You'd find it easy enough yourself - I expect it's how you sign your name.

:violent3:

Now if you would kindly butt out - I made a remark to gaymandenmark - you were not addressed.

Liked

The banks in China will charge you if you use one of their atms in another city from where your branch is.

If Scotland votes for independence it will be interesting to see if their economy mirrors the Scandanavian model or that of the Irish.

Liked

a cross, no fighting !! no need for mel gibson is there, whos playing your part in this one ? mister bean.

Liked

Re: Scottish Independence - (split from atm fees)

It's true that Ireland has had it's economic problems - but she has now emerged from her recession, has met all her obligations, and will rejoin the markets in January 2014. I also have to make the point that I do not recall any sign of the Irish, even in their darkest days, clamouring to give up their Independence and re-visit the bosom of the UK. The attitude of the Irish could be summed up as "It may have been shite, but at least it was our shite".

I also struggle to see any valid comparison between the Irish economy - which is a overwhelmingly a knowledge economy - and the Scottish economy which is rich in natural resources (not least an estimated ┬г1.5 TRILLION worth of oil) and which would help to rank an Independent Scotland 6th in the world on GDP per head (according to OECD figures) - compared to what would be the UK's 16th place (on the same figures).

When the oil finally runs out (and despite UK Treasury scaremongering there's no sign of that - capital investment in North Sea Oil is running at record levels and those guys know a damn sight more that agenda-driven UK ministers) then Scotland is well placed to be a world leader in renewable energies - on target to generate 100% of all our requirements from renewable sources by 2020 and already a net exporter of energy (unlike the UK). Food and Drink exports are at record levels and, with the explosion in Asian markets, will only rise. Inward investment in Scotland is also a success story and Scottish Development International are judged one of the most successful international development agencies in the world.

So, if I were you, I would worry more about how England will manage to maintain the pretence of being a world power when it is effectively bankrupt (debts exceed assets even now - imagine when the major asset is gone) - and where to stick the nuclear weapons that you'll be getting back (Wales or NI would be my guess). I say "England" because Wales and NI will have absolutely NO influence and best get ready for decades of right-wing Tory/UKIP ideology, including being out of Europe after England votes NO after 2015. Of course, that will suit Timmberty right down to the ground - he never liked those foreign johnnies anyway.

:occasion9:

*Thanks to jinks for splitting the thread :love4: