Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming to Thailand Empty-Handed

Liked

Coming to Thailand Empty-Handed

It looks like this time I won't be giving out gifts to friends when I arrive. In the past I have given out cologne, Maglight Flashlights, portable speakers and Levi Jeans. This year nothing tickles my fancy as a gift to bring so this year they will just have to be satisfied with the gift of friendship. :hello2:

These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coming to Thailand Empty-Handed

I swear this is true, I was speaking to a Thai friend the other day on Skype and he went rummaging in a drawer behind him saying - "wait to you see what I got from a farang" and proceeded to unwrap and show me.......an metal model of Eiffel Tower !!!! I literally Lol'd and needless to say he couldn't understand why and I hadn't the heart to tell him why I was laughing :-)

Liked

but ni what does this tell us about the person who gave your friend the metal tower ?
    he didnt try to sell it, if he had of done he would have been told it was worthless and throw it away.
    so he still has it as a keep sake of someone he cares about ? who knows,

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes he loves it !! although unlike the ones that were given out by an esteemed board member this one was bought to the guy by his BF when they both visited the actual Eiffel tower together and was quite some size, weight and I'm guessing value so I've no doubt it means a lot to him from his BF - it certainly seemed to to him as he was talking to ME rather than his BF whilst on skype showing it to me :-) Ah the joys of the seemingly ever fluid relationships between Thai boys and some of their farang Bf's.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    I swear this is true, I was speaking to a Thai friend the other day on Skype and he went rummaging in a drawer behind him saying - "wait to you see what I got from a farang" and proceeded to unwrap and show me.......an metal model of Eiffel Tower !!!! I literally Lol'd and needless to say he couldn't understand why and I hadn't the heart to tell him why I was laughing :-)
    Some friends of mine received a Metal Eiffel Tower for a wedding gift. I like it and would not mind having one. (They plan to spend their honeymoon in France).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Does he use it as a dildo do you think?
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Liked

When I was strolling through my local shopping center, to my greatest surprise, I saw metallic miniature Eiffel towers as key rings in a shop, they looked exactly like the ones I brought from France (as far as I could see from walking past, I have to check next time).

Maybe it's a consolation to you, Bucky, I always come to Thailand empty handed (except for the Eiffel towers). The reasons are there is nobody that close and I think I am not good at buying gifts for others (see the Eiffel towers, a disaster according to board members), I am not even good at receiving gifts, in my family, we stopped giving gifts (other than money) to each other, because the last gifts I got were so-so, barely worth saying "thank you" to my parents.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    It looks like this time I won't be giving out gifts to friends when I arrive. In the past I have given out cologne, Maglight Flashlights, portable speakers and Levi Jeans. This year nothing tickles my fancy as a gift to bring so this year they will just have to be satisfied with the gift of friendship. :hello2:
    Buck, since everyone else is talking Eiffel Towers I will keep to the point. I am sure your gift of friendship will be well received. Just remember to keep that gift in your pants until the the right moment.

Cheers and have a good time next month.

krobbie

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Cheers and have a good time next month.

krobbie
    Thanks, I just hope they don't complain that they received the same gift last year :-)

Liked

I don't understand this bringing gifts to your friends.
    That being Cologne, Levis Jeans, speakers and even Eiffel Towers.

If I have a, as someone said a Boy Speciel, I will bring a gift to him, but not to all acquaintances=friends?