Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A Question

Liked

A Question

good to see english humour isnt wasted on you.
    i would have said british but im sure someone else would have objected.

surfcrest i did actually find that quite touching, but also dont understand why you posted it, having just read your new postings and guidelines thread, in which you say....

"The posting of any image of anyone under the age of 18."

you might want to re-write it or not as the case maybe.

Liked

Re: A touching segment

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    "The posting of any image of anyone under the age of 18."
    I think we are all smart enough to fully understand what is implied, without spelling it out.
    Let`s just enjoy the message, especially if it touches a cord with those who have or are giving back to the community we live in or visit, in some way.

I think there are people within our community that have tried to make a positive difference in someone or someone`s life here, or are perhaps supporting what may be a very important charity to them. Maybe it`s not from the same sense as True...with this commercial spot, but relevant non the less...especially to this forum.

Sometimes our efforts don`t work out and some times they do....so it`s nice to celebrate or shed a tear, when they do.

That`s what the message here is all about, or at least to me.

Surfcrest

Liked

ok i take your point ... but !!! if a member who sponors a child, was to post a picture of himself and the child he sponsors splashing about in the sea would that be ok ? cause that is as you say 'real life giving back' and not just a commercial for a t.v. company.

this is maybe where it does need to be spelt out, cause i once posted some old time videos of people swimming in a river from yester year and they got deleted. so sorry if i sound a bit confused, but i am.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    ok i take your point ... but !!! if a member who sponors a child, was to post a picture of himself and the child he sponsors splashing about in the sea would that be ok ? cause that is as you say 'real life giving back' and not just a commercial for a t.v. company.
    As I said earlier, I think there are members here and people within our community that have given something back.
    Whatever the circumstances are, I`m sure for most of us...this is a private thing, especially if it`s on a personal level.

When you are talking about sponsoring a child, that would probably more fall under what I spoke about supporting a charity.
    Certainly, if someone wanted to support a charity...as I believe we are doing already in various ways...we`d be receptive to that.
    Having your picture taken with the people you are sponsoring, I don`t think is necessary and so we`d probably not view that as supporting a charity.
    Besides, it would fall under Rule 3`s provision;

A Member may however, agree to allow a portion (or all) of their own personal information to be posted. The member must inform the Administrator of such an allowance before it has been posted.
    Where we would, in the situation you describe, not give this allowance.
    For clarity Timmberty, anyone under the age of 18 in a sexual context*, or whether they are partially of fully nude.

* moderators discretion ( And the filter is set high)

If you would like to post something and you`re not sure, send me or jinks a PM...and run it by us.

Hopefully this resolves your confusion on the topic!

Surfcrest

Liked

"anyone under the age of 18 in a sexual context*, or whether they are partially of fully nude.

* moderators discretion ( And the filter is set high)"

thank you very much my dear, this is all i wanted to know. there really is nothing worse than having rules that are
    ambiguous.
    black and white is always the way to go. tho a dusky thai man isnt to be shoved aside.

Liked

A Question on Proposed Amendment to the Rules & Guidelines

A Question on Proposed Amendment to the Rules & Guidelines

Topic Split From A Touching Segment

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: A Question on Proposed Amendment to the Rules & Guidelin

This entire thread is a classic ~ almost quintessential ~ Sawatdee 'WTF' moment, from first letter to last.
    :scratch: :scratch:
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: A Question on Proposed Amendment to the Rules & Guidelin

Yes, Smiles, I agree.

But you know where the criticism and nitpicking is coming from, don't you?

So there's no surprise.