Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRT Dissolved?

You moron. Thaksin goes, and his cronies will be in power. His "enemies" (I guess you mean the Democrats) don't have near enough power or public support to form a government. Even if they did, there's no way Thaksin would ever "go to jail". That is not the way Thailand works, no matter who is in power. Do you know how many truly murderous Thai dictators "went to jail" once they lost power? Starts with a "z"...

I suggest you do some selected readings on modern Thai history

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    You moron. Thaksin goes, and his cronies will be in power. His "enemies" (I guess you mean the Democrats) don't have near enough power or public support to form a government. Even if they did, there's no way Thaksin would ever "go to jail". That is not the way Thailand works, no matter who is in power. Do you know how many truly murderous Thai dictators "went to jail" once they lost power? Starts with a "z"...

Not necessarily. You presened one possible scenario and you act like it is the only one. Not so. You don't know how this is going to turn out more than anyone else. Marcos went down and his cronies did not take over there. Things change. I also don't believe he will go to jail, but I do believe his fortune is under threat, otherwise, he wouldn't be fighting, he would be booking his new mansions in exile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus

Not necessarily. You presened one possible scenario and you act like it is the only one. Not so. You don't know how this is going to turn out more than anyone else. Marcos went down and his cronies did not take over there. Things change. I also don't believe he will go to jail, but I do believe his fortune is under threat, otherwise, he wouldn't be fighting, he would be booking his new mansions in exile.
    Some people once they have power never want to give it up............... look at some european countries........its not always the money thing........

Could be, but my gut tells me Thaksin is more motivated by money.

As a resident ex-pat ...

... I'm with boygeenyus 100%. This Is Thailand (TIT) also known as Amazing Thailand

I think TRT WILL be dissoved, Thaksin will go away, and the Thai Democrat party will take power. There is a vacuum already, somethings gotta give. The Thai Democrat party is an old established Thai party, TRT WAS a flash in the pan which was ALL about the cult of personality of Thaksin.

Yeah, its really IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen!

Prosecutors to make decision on Thai Rak Thai case next Friday: spokesman

A working committee of the public prosecutors will make a decision next Friday as to whether to return the case of election fraud charges to the Election Commission or send it to the Constitution Court for party dissolution.

Atthapol Yaisawang, the spokesman of the Office of the Attorney General, said the working committee would convene a meeting on June 16 to select one of the two options.

Source: The Nation - 08 June 2006

No one said party dissolution was impossible, or even unlikely. I think it could actually happen.

What IS unlikely is that the Democrats will "come to power", and what is virtually impossible is that Thaksin might "go to jail" or "have his fortune taken away".

How about a "brand new party" - funded by taksin !

Dissolving a Thai political party has about as much effect as canceling the business license of a bar that employs underage boys. The next day, a "new" bar with a new name opens up in the same place, with the same owners and the same staff in place.