Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Rec's for Hotels in Chiang Mai and Pattaya

Liked

Rec's for Hotels in Chiang Mai and Pattaya

Will be spending New Years Eve in Chiang Mai and looking for a recommendation for a hotel Prefer a gay hotel, walking distance to bars. Not looking for a cheap basic room, but don't need 5 Star amenities either.

Will be in Pattaya the following week and want to stay in the Sunnee or Boyztown area, similar specs for a hotel here as well.

Spent last NYE in Pattaya and stayed at Jomtien Beach area, so would like a change this year.

Thanks!

Liked

Re: Rec's for Hotels in Chiang Mai, Pattaya

You can't beat the Suriwongse Hotel located at right on the Night Market area and just a short walk to the gay beer bars.

It's not gay but I never had a problem with having guys in my room there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... g_Mai.html
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goteed1
    Chiang Mai.....looking for a recommendation for a hotel Prefer a gay hotel, walking distance to bars
    Unless you are talking about the Night Market bars I don't really think there is anywhere within easy walking distance to most of the bars. But if it is not specifically the night market bars you are talking about then up near Chang Phuak area [near Adams Apple/Free Guy/Circle/New MyWay agogos] is PJs Place, [www.pjs-place.com]and I would very highly recommend this guesthouse. The rooms are self contained with own door to outside and they are immaculate with nice furniture and comfortable bed, immaculate shower room etc.. The pics on their website are true to reality. The bars could be described as within walkable distance but not easy to find if you don't know the area lay-out, but Tuktuks are plentiful and not that expensive.

PJs used to be Bt1500 per night all year round but now have higher rates for peak times the highest being Bt1650, but it is still well worth it in my opinion. Breakfast fresh cooked to order and the guesthouse is in a lovely green-space garden. It's just off one of the main roads, so its quiet but only 2 mins to tuktuks. Soho Bar is just down the road, as is a shopping mall. The owners are very friendly and very helpful, you'll probably just have to get used to taking Tuktuks but they are not the same grabbing rip-offs as Phuket or Silom/suriwong and the owners of PJs will give you good honest info about how to use them.

Liked

Re: Rec's for Hotels in Chiang Mai and Pattaya

PJ's is where I will be staying when I return to Chiang Mai. (Just an FYI)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    Unless you are talking about the Night Market bars I don't really think there is anywhere within easy walking distance to most of the bars. But if it is not specifically the night market bars you are talking about then up near Chang Phuak area [near Adams Apple/Free Guy/Circle/New MyWay agogos] is PJs Place, [www.pjs-place.com]and I would very highly recommend this guesthouse.
    I would, too - and for all of the reasons newalaan2 cited, plus more. A fantastic place, run by two great guys; personable, helpful and respectful of the privacy of others. The only draw-back (although for some of us a plus) is that there are only four regular rooms and two larger rooms, so you have to reserve early. If you can't, it's more than worth checking for a cancellation.

A post from a few years back with more photos:
    http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2010/...pjs-place.html

Liked

Ah well, just heard back from PJs that they are fully booked. What would be the next best thing?

Liked

The Lotus hotel across from Adam's Apple GOGO bar has always been fun for me and it is a gay hotel.

http://lotus-hotel.com/