Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: KL..Hotel and action?

Liked

KL..Hotel and action?

I am about to visit Kuala Lumpur for the first time since 1978, back then The Hilton and Regent hotel saunas were the hottest action in town

Would appreciate help as to selecting 'gay friendly' hotel [not a guest house] prefer a large one with sauna/steam if possible.

Where is the best action [day...night? Shopping Centres?] preferably straight types who are just horny and available????

Liked

Re: KL..Hotel and action?

My number one is Grand Millenium and also like Novotel and Westin. No problems with visitors. All of them are near Day Thermos Sauna and Blue Boy. Real hot sleazy action had in Otot2 Sauna.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Forum's veteran
    Liked

for immediate action those sauna's. KUL must have changed immensely since your last trip, you wont recognise it. Forget HTLs now-MY's clampdown and homofobe attitude reflect this. Thermos is in Bukit Bintang, Otot a little away.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re hotels as already stated Bukit Bintang is where it's at entertainment wise and where all the bars are etc, I've stayed in both the Capitol hotel and also the Radius hotel and both were bang spot in the middle of the night life and avoided the need for taxis - The Capitol was a nice modern, well run hotel and very central, the Radius when I was there struck me as a bit more run down / down market, but it was cheap and literally 50 yards from the main bars so ideal from that point of view.

Not sure what you're into re (gay) entertainment wise but as already stated KL is certainly no Bangkok and your options are quite limited perhaps, I know Frangipanis host a big gay night each Friday on the main strip in Bukit Bingtang and on Saturday nights there's a great gay club called Marketplace also open not far from there, I see there's also a place called "loft" but I don't know anything about that I'm afraid, but apart from those venues there isn't a lot of other (gay) clubs / places to go, sorry well except for Blue boy bar of course ( which was dire I thought) and most of the action seems to be in Thermos day spa / sauna ( small and tacky but fun) or all in your hotel room ! - as if you use any Gay apps just turn your phone on and I assure you you will be inundated with messages as being quite a strict muslim place now KL's action seems to be much more underground and quiet than before . If you're there next month I happen to know that of a conversation I've just had this afternoon with a bar friend of mine that a few bar guys from Sunee plaza who heading over to KL ( due to the low season in Thailand and no customers apparently and things getting tight) to work the bars in KL for a month so you may well see a few Thai faces you know there perhaps even maybe !

Edit - and damn - I wish I'd of noticed your post sonner danny as "I" too could have done with some of YOUR local knowledge as I've just spent half the afternoon trying to find a suitable gay hotel / villa to stay in when I visit Bali shortly ! But thankfully I did get sorted in the end thanks to the ever friendly and knowledgeable manager of Bali Joe's :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Not sure what you're into re (gay) entertainment wise
    :-)
    Straight teens who are simply horny and want to get off...I also find them good company to go to restaurants/bars with....which is why I think Bali is paradise [I have not been to one of the so called gay bars in Bali for many years, in fact since Graham, now dead, sold Hulu]